GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT: don't fly tiger airways!!!

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
I always arrive early for flights and get on them - true story
You know, that's kinda the point of flying non-budget. My last Qantas flight from HK to Syd... about a wk ago... i turned up and was told at check in "oh, we're already boarding that flight". They still checked me in with check in baggage and i got to the gate after 20minutes shopping with time to spare. Mind you, as it was work i had 14kg tool bag plus the clothes i'd been wearing in Zhu Hai for the past 5 weeks. And they still got me on.

That's why i still call Australia home :bellyroll:

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI
I was going to get the Gulfstream 650 but I didn't like the wheels and they wanted an extra $600 for Bluetooth. Fook that!

Now where's Saad? Gonna buy one? :wink:

Just kidding, doing a little stirring that's all

Jig

Flow Motion
I was at a conference for 1 week some many years back and I was waiting in the lounge for my commercial flight to start boarding and one of the Executives saw me in the lounge and invited me to take a flight in his private chartered learjet(yes it was a Lear) and was joined by the marketing folks. Lots of lick, sip and suck and too many Galliano shooters. ... And the rest falls into the old adage, what goes on tour, stays on tour...

GTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT
You can keep your gulfstream Mav... I'd rather one of these to get around in

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^I was thinking "yeah, nothing extraordinary" until he said "marketing" and then you're GUARANTEED everything's going to shit. In every way possible...

chris32

Out of control
Car(s)
R32
Totally agree. The real problem is, try booking a Qantas flight to Hawaii!!

You fly FKN jetstar anyways!

Strange thing with my flight, we got a qantas plane and crew. Which ended up being good because we didn't have to pay the extra $$$ for meals etc.

saad

Go Kart Champion
Update. Pilot said fplane was strucK by lightning so needed to br checked. I'm fine with that but things like this happen to tiger more often than othe airlines.

Flew to malaysia on jetstar last yr. Was v. Impressed plane was nice and had in seat entertainment etc. Almost didn't fly cos passport had less than 6 months validity and stupid jetstar policy. They had already turned away other ppl but I persuade thrm to let me fly. Stupid bearacracy. Got the Malaysian high commissioner on the phone telling them I wasok to fly but they still said no. Eventually got on and persuaded them. Makes a great story to use on job applications for questions like 'how have u persuaded ppl in the past etc'

flight back to Canberra seems to be on time.
More annoyingly Pakistan lost the cricket by 3 runs last night!

saad

Go Kart Champion
Something funny: my bag was a kilo too heavy. I took out my jeans Nd put them on over my shorts. Bag was now under 7kgs!

Maverick

Go Kart Champion
Update. Pilot said fplane was strucK by lightning so needed to br checked. I'm fine with that but things like this happen to tiger more often than othe airlines.

FACT 1: Tiger have less aircraft than all the other major airlines in Australia.
FACT 2: God doesn't target Tiger planes with lightening more than other airlines.
FACT 3: Tiger aircraft suffer from the same percentage of strikes as other airlines.
FACT 4: Tiger have the least number of strikes from lightning (see FACT 1)

Flew to malaysia on jetstar last yr. Was v. Impressed plane was nice and had in seat entertainment etc. Almost didn't fly cos passport had less than 6 months validity and stupid jetstar policy. They had already turned away other ppl but I persuade thrm to let me fly. Stupid bearacracy. Got the Malaysian high commissioner on the phone telling them I wasok to fly but they still said no. Eventually got on and persuaded them. Makes a great story to use on job applications for questions like 'how have u persuaded ppl in the past etc'

This isn't a Jetstar policy at all.

Singapore, Malaysia and Israel to name a few require a minimum six months remaining on the passport. They can refuse entry to their country, fine the airline and the airline has to return the traveller at their cost if they don't follow this. Some other countries require 3 months.

The Australian government recommends you have at least six months remaining on your passport when you return home.

http://www.malaysia.org.au/travel1.html

"Valid passport of more than 6 months at the time of proposed visit ."

Perhaps spend more time researching and less time waxing your car before you travel :thumbsup:

BTW you can see on time performance for all airlines here.

saad

Go Kart Champion
Malaysia doesnt have that policy if you have a UK, US, or Australian passport - they showed me the rules it wasnt there, then they changed their mind sayign it was a Jetstar rule. And when I booked my tickets I check with the operator ifmy passport was OK, and he told me it was fine.

Was still a fun start to an awesome holiday though

iluvbrownale

White Lightning
seeing as the subjet of private aircraft came up, here's a funny story i'll share. Years ago I worked as a firearms instructor and was placed at the most expensive summer camp for kids in the US to teach riflery. Me and another guy were tasked with taking this kid to the airport to meet her dad as she had to leave camp early. These are some of the wealthiest kids in the country and they make Clueless look like a documentary (in fact, they used one of our kids houses for that movie).
Jump in the minivan and head to airport with a number scrawled on a bit of paper (assuming it was flight number). We get there and girl says it'll be at the "private airport". Okaaay. Head round to another gate, crawl in and as we ar arriving a learjet is landing. The scot and I look at each other - and see the number matches the jet - "There he is". She replies "no that's not his jet." We wait and it pulls up next to us and he jumps out. There's the usual greetings and as we begin to load all her bags onto the jet, dad says...wait for it..."if i'd have know she had this much stuff I would have brought the OTHER jet."
For fuck$ $ake!
$100 tips and off we went.