GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT #27: Hot as Bawls Everywhere

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Every other rest stop and then a gas station here and there.
She got better with the drive as we went along. I'm just happy it's over with lol

Honestly, by the time I got to the hotel, all I wanted to do was sleep lol I had zero interest in anything else.

lol I feel ya there

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I went Kayaking over the weekend. Got sun-burnt pretty bad :/

Its going down but im going to Universal/Islands of Adventures tomorrow so hopefully it will be healed enough to not be so bothersome.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
might have slept til the afternoon had my parents not called me.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
So, our cars have the whole recommended every 10,000 mile check-up reminders, right?
The mk7's are the same.

So, did I just have the greatest VW dealer ever in GA or have they always charged to have those done?
I never had to pay for one oil change or service check-up until I hit 40k when I was in GA. After that I took care of it myself.
They're wanting to charge me $200 for that whole service (hell no)....

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'm getting rid of my TDI thanks to the buyback.

Gurl, bye.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
So, our cars have the whole recommended every 10,000 mile check-up reminders, right?
The mk7's are the same.

So, did I just have the greatest VW dealer ever in GA or have they always charged to have those done?
I never had to pay for one oil change or service check-up until I hit 40k when I was in GA. After that I took care of it myself.
They're wanting to charge me $200 for that whole service (hell no)....

might just be your dealer, unless you had some sort of plan you bought from VWoA through that GA dealer... check your purchase papers if you still have them

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
might just be your dealer, unless you had some sort of plan you bought from VWoA through that GA dealer... check your purchase papers if you still have them

I bought my mk6 used from the Fiat dealership I worked at lol
Took it to VW and they never charged me up until 40k when it expired. $200 is a lot of money for basic maintenance, but I'll be honest....I really don't want to do it myself in this California heat. I step outside and immediately want to cry at the thought of it.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I bought my mk6 used from the Fiat dealership I worked at lol
Took it to VW and they never charged me up until 40k when it expired. $200 is a lot of money for basic maintenance, but I'll be honest....I really don't want to do it myself in this California heat. I step outside and immediately want to cry at the thought of it.

What mileage are you at?
You sure its just a simple oil service?

My local dealer for just a oil change and tire rotation/fluid check charge ~$80.

But services can cost more. Because they do more work. I think my 50k service was like $119ish

The 60k service will be a little more in the $200 range because they do plugs and stuff as well and they rape for the price of a spark plug.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Pretty simple stuff. I know it's hot outside, but I cry at the thought of going to the dealer. Paying extra and waiting hours for someone to potentially screw up the car when I can just do the service myself.

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Pretty simple stuff. I know it's hot outside, but I cry at the thought of going to the dealer. Paying extra and waiting hours for someone to potentially screw up the car when I can just do the service myself.

^

Nailed it

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
What mileage are you at?
You sure its just a simple oil service?

My local dealer for just a oil change and tire rotation/fluid check charge ~$80.

But services can cost more. Because they do more work. I think my 50k service was like $119ish

The 60k service will be a little more in the $200 range because they do plugs and stuff as well and they rape for the price of a spark plug.

I'm over 10k right now on my car, so it's the whole 10k check-up and service that they do on these cars.
I've never been charged for these, so it was a shock to hear it.

I'll probably just end up doing it in the morning when it's still somewhat cool outside.

rblgti

Go Kart Champion
Also, I just got a call from the interview I had this morning, and I got the job :D

Super stoked about it...especially since I haven't even been living here for a week lol It's great news.
Now all the money I have saved can go towards school.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I'm over 10k right now on my car, so it's the whole 10k check-up and service that they do on these cars.
I've never been charged for these, so it was a shock to hear it.

I'll probably just end up doing it in the morning when it's still somewhat cool outside.

I thought the mk7 came with 2 year/20K free maintenance?