GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT #27: Hot as Bawls Everywhere

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Never say never, remember the RAVE Act? I'd rather get down at a gritty warehouse than a dusty festival.

i like the music, not the events... big or small, underground or festival. it involves too much dealing with people.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
speaking of which, i am looking for new sat radio shows to pirate from soundcloud - any ones you listen to worth recommending?

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
ok so we define EDM differently.. ive become accustomed to using edm as an umbrella term for house, techno, d&b, trance, etc.. mostly out of convenience of dealing with the pop music overlap and the people that come with it.

EDM is the equivalent of Donald Trump in the electronic music world: loud, greedy, and appealing to the uneducated masses.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
speaking of which, i am looking for new sat radio shows to pirate from soundcloud - any ones you listen to worth recommending?

I usually avoid satellite radio at times. I usually stick with ResidentAdvisor, FACT Mag, RinseFM, and Decoded Magazine mixes on a weekly basis.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
cool will check those out.

i've found a few pretty good ones that you would probably think are mainstream but looking to mix it up. no pun intended.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
If it's Disclosure-mainstream I'm cool with it.

If it's Hardwell/Guetta/Tiestbro-mainstream, I'll pass lol

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I'm pretty stoked for one of my favorite acts of all time to have their follow-up album from 2000's Since I Left You coming up in a couple of weeks. The Avalanches blow away anything else out right now

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
tossup for you then: Above&beyond / anjunabeats

Shit if it were 2006, I'd be all over Above & Beyond. These days I can't get into 'em.

Anjunadeep is still a quality label though.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
some cities will always have some semblance of a scene. chicago is one of them, i would imagine.

It's the birthplace of house music, of course it would.

Though the only electronic music festival I would spend my money at in the states is Movement in Detroit. It books the acts that are right up my alley.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Speaking of which, 100 bonus points if you recognize who the legend is in this pic: