GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OS Lion anyone?

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Alright Mac guys, who has downloaded OS Lion besides me? I got it on Friday and I'm slowly getting used to it. The reversed scrolling scheme is still messing me up but I love this full screen mode for apps. It really DOES align better with iOS devices such as my iPad.

Anyone else use this yet? Feedback? Useful new features?

FFAC

Ready to race!
I have had it for about a week, I really like being able to scroll between pages (sideways w/3 fingers) and the full screen ability is pretty cool, too. The launch pad idea is cool so that you don't have to open up the finder tab as well.

I would like to hear some more cool shortcuts that I haven't found yet...it seems as though I find a new feature every couple days.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I kinda find it to be...meh. Some nice changes but not blown away. I think I'm more excited about the upcoming iCloud enhancements.

BTW, you can flip the scroll. System Preferences > Trackpad > unclick "Scroll direction natural".

snoman

Ready to race!
downloaded it yesterday couldnt get used to the reverse scrolling so i switched back the the normal scrolling but other than that it is pretty awesome

kineticMKVI

Ready to race!
I have had it for a while (dev program) but havent had a chance to load it on my production workstation yet. But after monday we release a new version of our app and I will have more time for "oops" and I will play around with it day to day.

jasonweremy

Ready to race!
I've had my mac for a few months and I am still getting use to Leopard. I am away right now and the the wifi I have is kind of crap so I am not going to download it until I get home. I can't wait to get it and try it out and what not.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
So far, I like the way everything is remembered when you start up as far as open programs, etc... The gestures work really well, too...although I have an easier time using the magic trackpad than the magic mouse when it comes to doing them.

dav1d

Ready to race!
Not impressed. Good thing it was cheap.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
loving it so far. I like how the spaces is much easier to use now. Another cool like thing that can come in handy every once in a while is when you're in safari, you can tap with there fingers and it will define the word right there for you.

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
loving it so far. I like how the spaces is much easier to use now. Another cool like thing that can come in handy every once in a while is when you're in safari, you can tap with there fingers and it will define the word right there for you.

Oh damn I didn't know about that. I am going to start using the hell out of that just because. I really like apple products and Lion is making me love them even more.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I've got Leopard on my MacBook, and Snow Leopard on my MacBook Pro.

I think I'll get Lion for both in the next month. I'm lazy.

DriverFound1

Ready to race!
I like the way they have incorporated space and expose into mission control. I use lots of work spaces personally, also love the performance enhancements I have seen with true 64bit applications. Hate "natural scroll" and can't stand the fact that I can no longer swipe two fingers for forwards and back surfing unless I am using safari! I like firefox and camino! With that said the improvements on safari are pretty bad ass.....Launch pad is pretty sweet but I keep all the apps I use on a regular basis in my dock.

Did a review of a few features in a video on my podcast check it out...the more views the better! :)

http://www.geekwithglasses.net/2011/07/lion.html

Also hit my youtube channel up sometime. :)

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Yeah...the dock works fine for me so I'm not utilizing launchpad too much. I can see the direction they are going, though. With the Mac app store now in full force, including the OS itself now, they are expecting tons of apps with low cost each to become common on people's Macs. As a result, eventually the dock will only be practical for a select group of commonly used apps. The rest will be easy to get to only using launchpad, like an iPad.