GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered my GTI today!

UnitedGrayGTI

Ready to race!
Went to the dealer today for a test drive. It was a black one with the leather package and 6-speed manual. It will take some getting used to compared to my current Golf, but I loved it. The new one is a Rolls Royce feature-wise in comparison.

Ordered:

United Gray
6-speed manual
Cloth interior

:wub:

I was initially going to get the 18" rims but decided not to; the 17's look fine and the base rims are quite nice. I may eventually get 18" Karthoums if/when they become available. Also, if leather had been a separate option I most likely would have gotten it, but the cloth is nice to. They had a sold UG demo with cloth that I was able to sit in.

I'm looking at May/June delivery. Summer time! :biggrin:

It hasn't sunk in yet. but it will. The salesman also gave me a brochure/DVD set. Haven't watched the DVD yet; tomorrow for sure.

:thumbup:

Congrats,

I need to decide on the United or Black... so post some pics up to help me out :)

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
United Gray is a great color, blends good with that odd at first looking dark protector plate on the side skirts. However, black seems to look rediculously good at night time. Had a hard time with that choice too, but United Gray never failed. No regrets..

erick.s

Autocross Champion
GTi Fanatic said:
Congrats,

I need to decide on the United or Black... so post some pics up to help me out :)

Check my garage for pics of my UG GTI:thumbup: .

erick.s said:
Check my garage for pics of my UG GTI:thumbup: .

oddly enough that looks like united olive green:confused:

maybe it is the CT sun that creates the effect.
but all in all nice car! :thumbsup:

erick.s

Autocross Champion
I know - I thought it almost looked like Calypso Green from the MKII days in that light.

UnitedGrayGTI

Ready to race!
Thanks all!

I must admit, the black with gray leather looked awesome. But, UG has been my choice for months.

Unfortunately, if you want leather with UG there's no good choice IMHO. Gray would be too much gray and black... not my thing. But, the Interlagos cloth has some life to it.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Is Canadia LHD or RHD market?? I'm guessing LHD.

I'd give my left nut for a 4 month wait... I ordered my GTI the first week of Jan, and my wait time has gone from June to "should be sometime this year"

Congrats on the GTI. I wish we got United Grey here for the GTI.

MK4-683

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Congrats!
but why is the waiting time sooo long? I ordered CW, standard+sunroof at 23this month, and dealer said the car will be here the first day of next week.
I'v been waited for just 5days, and I felt like that's 5weeks for me. I want the MK5 GTI soooooooo bad!!!:cry: :cry: