GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Options for Bluetooth in 2006 GTI

sebdm1

Hello so I have a 2006 GTI with the base stereo option that only has AM/FM/CD Changer/Satellite Radio. I would like to add Bluetooth functionality for making and receiving calls, and streaming music. After spending a couple of hours doing research I m thoroughly confused about what the best and most affordable option would be for me. I would like 1.) to keep the car looking as OEM looking as possible 2.) be able to use my steering wheel buttons. Other than that I'm not too concerned with having access to a phonebook from my display or seeing information about calls/music on my display. Should I buy a newer stereo/receiver? Would that be compatible with all the wiring in my car? Is there a way to replace my satellite radio button with Bluetooth functionality? I never use it. I am open to any suggestions. I have installed new head units before and I'm confident doing this myself but I lack very detailed technical knowledge about what exactly would be the best option for me here. Thank you!!!

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
RCD330G and MSFW quadlock adapter for battery drainage.
This is the route I want to go soon.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
I took the RCN210 on aliexpress for around 60$ it's OEM from VW China (the VIN of the donor is still written on it). It reads Sd cards, USB or Aux. It works well for calls and music, displays Bluetooth music names and is able to change tracks, display caller numbers (not names) but apart of that I like it. It work more or less with steering wheel buttons but I am not sure about the golf 5 (don't have them).

The RCD330 is also a good choice, you will be able to use carplay or android auto if you pick the right version but it is much more expensive and the version without carplay or android auto has no advantages vs the RCN210 which can also read CDs. Also the RCN210 do not drain the battery with our ça bus version.

zerimar

I just bought the rcd510, will that drain my battery? and do I need an adapter for the bluetooth?

Sorry I can't post a new thread had to ask here thank you