Opinions Needed

Which way should I go with my rims

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
Ok so i decided to try the denver to mkvi huff dyi here http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106692

One of my rims had some pretty bad rash so i decided to buy another denver and experiment on the rashed rim. So what i need to know is ....does this look good enough to do it to all of my rims ? or should i just put the new rim on and remain stock ? pics below.

Two pictures to compare.

One from the side

Stock rim

Painted rims

I want honest opinions ( should not be hard to get them on here) because I do have the option to go either way at this point.

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
I am aware the rims and car are super dirty.

FNR32

Ready to race!
Looks 100% better.

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
mor low and painted lowers to come ....

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Of course do all the wheels in the "Mk6 Huffs" version. Regular denvers look like crap compared to them.

Sandtoes

Dubber since 1986
Car(s)
2006 GTI-Tornado Red
I cannot believe what a huge difference that makes - definitely keep going!

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
the effect looks great, but IMO (you asked haha) I would take more care taping the holes off. Looks like you got a clean edge, but each of the black areas came out a bit misshapen.

I know it's probably a real bitch to do, but if it were MY car - and I'm OCD - I would have to make sure I had things perfect even if it took a month to do....

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
the effect looks great, but IMO (you asked haha) I would take more care taping the holes off. Looks like you got a clean edge, but each of the black areas came out a bit misshapen.

I know it's probably a real bitch to do, but if it were MY car - and I'm OCD - I would have to make sure I had things perfect even if it took a month to do....

I agree with you 100% man ....this rim is going to end up in my trunk so i dident take as much time on it as i should have .....and i think i am going to have a better idea about how to go about taping if off for the other four

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
bump for more opinions