SicsDeep

Ready to race!
Car(s)
99' 08'
wow thats a huge difference, lol its looks funny

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
I like them, not to harsh compared to other companies/applications. :iono:

what can i do to soften it? or do i just have to live with it? you think FK's would be better?
From what I have read FK's would probably be better but I know both spring rates to compare. Spring rates are what solely determine the ""stiffness" in a cars ride. When adjusting the ride height you are changing the amount of rebound the shock will have, this could create harshness when bottoming out, but will not affect stiffness.

Car(s)
2009 Black Magic GTI
From what I have read FK's would probably be better but I know both spring rates to compare. Spring rates are what solely determine the ""stiffness" in a cars ride. When adjusting the ride height you are changing the amount of rebound the shock will have, this could create harshness when bottoming out, but will not affect stiffness.

Thanks Electricalbox, so is it gonna remain this stiff or is it gonna soften over time as the springs settle? I just installed these badboys last night (front ones were a pain) and they're great on smooth surfaces but i bounce like crazy on some parts of the freeway..would buying a different set of springs give me a softer ride? if it would what would you recommend?

Last edited:

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
soo... read through most of this thread and seems like they're worth the buy (with some FK endlinks?)... anyone in NJ or NY have these? Our area is pretty rough and wanna know if they have held up well or you.. thanks!

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
for those asking about modding as I lost original pictures..

so basically you have this up front

you need to cut like so

(die grinder/cutoff wheel) and grind the base so it basically looks like this (the flat portion of the bottom is VERY important

Then assemble.. as that bottom spring was already 100% compressed it doesn't do too much impact, but be fore warned, do this at your own risk

and again I'll reiterate, you don't need to buy new endlinks, the endlinks have nothing to do with the breaking issue, its a structural weakness in the arm, shortening the endlink may not "hurt" the suspension but if you put it in certain positions it could cause your swaybar to ride on your axle.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
soo... read through most of this thread and seems like they're worth the buy (with some FK endlinks?)... anyone in NJ or NY have these? Our area is pretty rough and wanna know if they have held up well or you.. thanks!

Seems to me that they may be worth it too. Whats the most mileage these things have see so far. I'm just freaked out about the quality. But i gather the overall word is that they are decent / average.

as for NY / NY people - regardless of what coils you're going to be on, you must keep an extra eye out for craters.

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Sorry, spring rates are what solely determine the ""stiffness" in a shock/spring combo seeing that preload does not effect the spring rate. Of course you can weld in a 21 pt. cage and have the car feel like it is riding on no rubber there are other factors that contribute to the whole car, I was addressing his concern with the ride quality do to Racelands.

Next time include why someone is wrong please, I have seen tons of post of you stating people are wrong (they are indeed wrong), but you need to clarify so other people get it. Please grace us with your knowledge Max. :biggrin: Don't want people reading my mistake if not corrected and thinking it is correct.

and again I'll reiterate, you don't need to buy new endlinks, the endlinks have nothing to do with the breaking issue, its a structural weakness in the arm, shortening the endlink may not "hurt" the suspension but if you put it in certain positions it could cause your swaybar to ride on your axle.

QFT I don't get why people just blow this fact off and keep saying the endlinks are the problem. Might as well just have no endlinks on seeing you are not going to be getting the correct preload/tension to make the SB function properly.

The problem is with the shock body SB arm attachment design/welds not the endlink!