GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oil pressure warning,what to do???

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
oil pressure warning came up on the center screen for a second. it came on while i was taking a tight right turn. it came up for a split second then went away. has not come back for the rest of the day and there was no check engine lights on .. u think it something serious or i should just for get. Just so u know car has 22k miles on it and had an oil change at 18k. but i feel that dealership didnt do an oil change.:iono: :iono: :drinking:

agpatel

Touring Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI MkV
Was it a pretty shart right tern and were is the oil level on the dip stick after letting it sit for a bit?

I would not worry about it too much if it just came up for a split second just check out the oil level and maybe take the turn again like you did b4 and see if it happends

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
i take the turn everyday, and infact did it 4 more times that day and the message never came up again

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
put oil in your car... thats what it means... add one quart and check your dip stick.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
low oil pressure can mean low oil level, but it can also be indicative of a more serious problem. If you have enough oil, and it comes back, even for a short time, then i'd take it to the dealer, at least so you can get it documented (even if they can't duplicate it, you'll have a record that you reported it)

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
a 10,000 dollar serious problem...