GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure Warning Light!!!!!!!! Still!!!!

jkques

Car(s)
09 GTI
I've been looking into this same issue. I've already changed the oil pressure sensor, the PCV valve and checked the oil level and repaired every oil leak I've found including turbo oil supply O-ring, Oil Filter Housing gasket, honestly too many more to list. Anyway, once I started researching how to change the oil pump I stumbled upon something interesting. There is an O-ring where the oil pickup (oil scoop, I think is what you called it) attaches to the oil pump. I'm betting if that goes bad, you will get a leak that allows oil to leak out and air to get into the oil circuit. Hence the intermittent oil pressure warning. Seams that nobody is aware of this O-ring. However, if you look on Youtube, this is a common problem on other makes and models. Why nobody every considers it or is even aware of it on this forum, is beyond me. Before changing out your oil pump, change that O-Ring (pn: N0282222). That seems to work for the folks in all these Youtube videos. Good luck.

jkques

Car(s)
09 GTI
I've been looking into this same issue. I've already changed the oil pressure sensor, the PCV valve and checked the oil level and repaired every oil leak I've found including turbo oil supply O-ring, Oil Filter Housing gasket, honestly too many more to list. Anyway, once I started researching how to change the oil pump I stumbled upon something interesting. There is an O-ring where the oil pickup (oil scoop, I think is what you called it) attaches to the oil pump. I'm betting if that goes bad, you will get a leak that allows oil to leak out and air to get into the oil circuit. Hence the intermittent oil pressure warning. Seams that nobody is aware of this O-ring. However, if you look on Youtube, this is a common problem on other makes and models. Why nobody every considers it or is even aware of it on this forum, is beyond me. Before changing out your oil pump, change that O-Ring (pn: N0282222). That seems to work for the folks in all these Youtube videos. Good luck.