GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil coming out of blow off?

works

Arctic Circle
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I recently changed my subframe bolts to the Passat ones to stop it from making noise and while I was under the car I noticed that my Forge DV replacement and it's control module were covered in oil. Judging from the spray pattern it was coming out of the blow-off spacer and there was enough of it to warrant my interest. I looked further down the boost line and there were tiny amounts of caked oil in the few joints before my IC.

Now, where can this oil come from and how do I fix it? Does a malfunctioning PCV cause this (I still have the original part in)? I wish I had had my camera on me when I was under the car, pictures do help.

JSnover107

Ready to race!
i have the same issue oil coming of my stock dv, interested to know the fix as well

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
rear PCV failure. get catch can...

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
Make sure the o-ring is installed on the Forge spacer on the side facing the turbo. Mine did ship with the o-ring and I had the same problem.

works

Arctic Circle
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The spacer has been there for ages, this is the first time that I have noticed anything wrong with the setup. Rear PCV failure seems to be likely, anyone got the part numbers?

[edit]
So I found these:

06F 129 101 G front PCV valve
06F 103 215 A New pipe with checkvalve
06F 103 483 E Gasket
06F 145 757 F Gasket

Are these still valid and what is the part number for the rear PCV, also known as "crankcase breather connection"?

steelcurtain

Go Kart Champion
The spacer has been there for ages, this is the first time that I have noticed anything wrong with the setup. Rear PCV failure seems to be likely, anyone got the part numbers?

[edit]
So I found these:

06F 103 483 E Gasket
06F 145 757 F Gasket

Are these still valid and what is the part number for the rear PCV, also known as "crankcase breather connection"?

So you would rather buy some new parts before pulling your DV to check for leaks or missing o-rings?

works

Arctic Circle
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The car is a 2004 EU model with an AXX engine. With the very first ever model of PCV that is bound to fail at some point and needs to be replaced anyways.

So the short answer to your question is "yes I would".

TASOS

Tuning addict
....anyone got the part numbers?

[edit]
So I found these:

06F 103 483 E Gasket
06F 145 757 F Gasket

For (EU) engines

06F 129 101 L (front pcv)
06F 103 483 E (front seal)
06F 103 212 D (front breather line)

06F 103 213 N (rear breather line)
06F 145 757 F (rear seal)