GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

OG's thread, show us what you're in now.

g60_corrado_91

Ride
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yeah I'm sure that's the case, but do you think they'd skip over the MK6 Golf R? I hope not lol that's my only hope.
I thought they were planning on the Mk6 R which had my hopes up since it's an FSI. But obviously it's a completely different ECU than the MkV FSI.

HereticByDefault

I thought they were planning on the Mk6 R which had my hopes up since it's an FSI. But obviously it's a completely different ECU than the MkV FSI.
People on the interwebz (including employees of REVO and Bluefin) are pretty convinced it is in fact the MED9 ECU.

Hi Andrew,

*It’s definitely and MED9 ECU, all of the TFSI models still are (Golf R, Scirocco R, TTRS). The engine is still the S3, TTS, Leon Cupra engine whereas the newer generation engine found in the Golf Gti – 2.0TSI uses an MED17 ECU and the 3.0TSI engines from the S4/S5 use a Siemens ECU.
Source: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/archive/index.php/t-3067.html

Edit: I thought the TTRS bit was a typo, but the 2.5TFSI also uses the MED9 lol.

Edit 2: APR Confirms - https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans_r.html

Elliott

Ride
07 GOLF GTI MKV
When did you go m3 Bruce? Sold the gti?
Presumably you have all talked about this in the gm but as you know I'm not in there very much any more.
I desperately want an m4 so told my self jeep the gti till I can afford the upgrade.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
When did you go m3 Bruce? Sold the gti?
Presumably you have all talked about this in the gm but as you know I'm not in there very much any more.
I desperately want an m4 so told my self jeep the gti till I can afford the upgrade.
Umm. I think almost a month now. Still have the GTI. Yep been talking about it since December but only really got serious about it around February or March. We miss you in chat.

I drove my friends F80 M3 and it's really nice. You should do it!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Ride
2009 VW GTI
Got myself a blurple miata to drive to keep the miles off the MKV and allow me to tear it down to work on it for extended periods of time.
(if the paint looks crappy its just because of the morning dew)

Last edited:

phil

becausephilchow
Ride
2009 VW R32
Umm. I think almost a month now. Still have the GTI. Yep been talking about it since December but only really got serious about it around February or March. We miss you in chat.

I drove my friends F80 M3 and it's really nice. You should do it!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
What is this chat you speak of?! :paddle:

Updated photos.

phil

becausephilchow
Ride
2009 VW R32
I did some things.

HRE P40SC
Brushed Tinted Finish
19x9 +40 on 245/35/19 Michelin PSS
19x10 +50 on 275/30/19 Michelin PSS