GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Yankee Fan's

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
you dont have to hear about it if you werent in the "official yankees fan " thread ...............

Dude, we live in the tri-state area. I can't wake up in the morning w/o hearing something about jeter this or yankees that. Venturing into this thread lets me troll on you guys a little. but i do it out of frustration w/ the mets. I gave up on & baseball a few years ago.

anyway, carry on. Go celebrate 3k. :thumbsup:

njfast07

Go Kart Champion

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
where will you be sitting?

i was about a quarter mile high behind first base lol but a couple years ago i sat right behind the visitor dugout when lefty pettitte pitched and i was on tv all night.

today was pretty epic

With a major assist from the Elias Sports Bureau, we break down the New York Yankees' historic afternoon with 22 facts on their 22-9 victory against the Oakland Athletics on Thursday:

1. The New York Yankees became the first team in MLB history to hit three grand slams in one game (Curtis Granderson, Russell Martin, Robinson Cano).

2. The Yankees are the sixth team all-time to have three players with at least five RBI. The last teams to do it were the Texas Rangers and Montreal Expos, both of whom did so in 1996. It’s the first time it’s happened in Yankees history.

3. The Yankees scored four runs in both the fifth and sixth innings, and six runs in both the seventh and eighth innings. It was the first time a team scored four or more runs in four straight innings since the Phillies in an 18-1 win against the Colorado Rockies on May 30, 1993 (5-4-4-5 from the fifth through eighth innings). It’s yet another first in Yankees history.

4. The Yankees erased a six-run deficit and won by a final margin of 13 runs. It's tied with the 1913 Philadelphia A's and 1990 Milwaukee Brewers for the largest margin of victory by a team that trailed by as many as six runs in a single game.

5. It’s the fourth time since 1920 the Yankees scored 22 runs or more, all of them earned, the first time since 1953. The last time they scored more runs, all earned, was in 1936 when they scored 25.

6. The last time the Yankees scored 22 runs in a home game was July 26, 1931.

7. Yankees starter Phil Hughes allowed six runs in 2 2/3 innings. It's his shortest start this season since returning to the Yankees roster on July 6.

8. Reliever Boone Logan was credited with the win, striking out all four batters he faced. It's his sixth game this season in which he recorded multiple strikeouts in an appearance.

9. Russell Martin had five hits, including two home runs and five RBI. He's the seventh Yankee all-time to reach those totals in a game.

10. The 22 runs are the most by any team this season. It’s the most runs by one team since the Phillies scored 22 runs on July 6, 2009 against the Reds.

Posada
11. Jorge Posada assisted on the final out -- from second base. It's Posada’s first career appearance at second base.

12. The combined distance of the Yankees’ three grand slams: 1,155 feet.

13. The Yankees had 16 plate appearances with the bases loaded. The breakdown: three grand slams, three singles, three groundouts, two popouts, two walks, one sacrifice fly, one line out, one strikeout.

14. It had been 18 games since the Yankees scored at least 10 runs, scoring 18 runs against the White Sox on August 3.

15. This is the fourth time the Yankees have hit multiple grand slams in a game in their franchise history, last doing so in September 1999 against the Toronto Blue Jays.

16. Granderson's last two home runs: an inside-the-park home run (Sunday) and a grand slam (Thursday). The last player to have two consecutive homers be an inside-the-park homer and a grand slam was Carl Crawford in April 2007.

17. Martin's grand slam came on a fastball high in the strike zone. Martin has batted .316 on pitches up in the strike zone with four home runs this season.

18. Oakland issued 13 walks, allowed 22 runs and 21 hits. The last team to allow 22 runs, 21 hits while issuing 13 walks in a single game was the Boston Red Sox on July 7, 1923 at the Cleveland Indians.

19. All told, six A's pitchers combined to throw 237 total pitches.

20. The game took a total of four hours and 31 minutes. It's the longest nine-inning game this season by 33 minutes. It fell just 14 minutes shy of the longest nine-inning game in MLB history (Yankees-Red Sox in August 2006, four hours, 45 minutes).

21. Mark Teixeira was the lone Yankees starter to finish without a hit. But he did draw two walks and still drove in two runs (RBI groundout, bases-loaded BB).

22. The Yankees 22-9 win is the first 22-9 final score in MLB since July 8, 1902. The Philadelphia Athletics beat the Boston Americans 22-9 that day.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/25283/yankees-slam-way-into-record-books

ajt23

Banned
you were there thats awesome....I bet when it was 7-2 you were like fuck this.....ended up being a epic game for a yankee fan to be at though

.....and Curtis Granderson...MVP.....if they dont give it to him they need to recheck the criteria for MVP