GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official VMR Wheels Thread

VMRWheels1

Ready to race!
post your photos of MK7's on VMR wheels here! :)

V718

White V710s looking ready to take on Silverstone lol!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Just got my V710s yesterday, took a quick picture before work this morning.

19x8.5 ET45 - Stock Suspension

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Hey gn4rwhals,

Anyway you could upload the pic somewhere else :) they block imgur at my work and i'd love to see the photo!!

Lets try with this host, I will have better pictures this weekend after the suspension install.

Korab

Ready to race!
looks great! what size spacers did you put on 8.5" wheel and ET 45? how's the ride with springs and 19's?

In doing reading, it sounded like 8" wheels, ET 45 needed a 10 ml spacer, was looking at the VWR race wheel, which comes in an 8" wheels and a 35 ET - thought that would be perfect and no spacer.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
looks great! what size spacers did you put on 8.5" wheel and ET 45? how's the ride with springs and 19's?

In doing reading, it sounded like 8" wheels, ET 45 needed a 10 ml spacer, was looking at the VWR race wheel, which comes in an 8" wheels and a 35 ET - thought that would be perfect and no spacer.

So far the wheels are stock with no spacers, specs are:

19 x 8.5 ET45 with 235/35/19 tires all around.

The H&R springs ride pretty good, and the offset for the rear I have spaced out to ET40 with some old spacers in my garage. ET 40 in the rear with an 8.5 wheel and a mild drop seem to work well. I feel like if I went more aggressive in the offset I would have rubbing issues.

You would have to check the wheel math, but I think an ET35 with a 8" wide wheel may fit, but it would be close.

Korab

Ready to race!
So far the wheels are stock with no spacers, specs are:

19 x 8.5 ET45 with 235/35/19 tires all around.

The H&R springs ride pretty good, and the offset for the rear I have spaced out to ET40 with some old spacers in my garage. ET 40 in the rear with an 8.5 wheel and a mild drop seem to work well. I feel like if I went more aggressive in the offset I would have rubbing issues.

You would have to check the wheel math, but I think an ET35 with a 8" wide wheel may fit, but it would be close.

I was going off another guys build where he had an 8" ET 44 and was using 10 mm spacers, so an ET35 should fit the same, right?

Here's the thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94&page=2

I am torn between 18 and 19, love the look of the 19, but I don't want the ride to deteriorate, and I will likely go with the VWR springs at some point, too. One inch can't make that much difference can it?

I think I will wait until I have the vehicle in hand and see how it looks with the stock 18's before I decide.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I was going off another guys build where he had an 8" ET 44 and was using 10 mm spacers, so an ET35 should fit the same, right?

Here's the thread: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94&page=2

I am torn between 18 and 19, love the look of the 19, but I don't want the ride to deteriorate, and I will likely go with the VWR springs at some point, too. One inch can't make that much difference can it?

I think I will wait until I have the vehicle in hand and see how it looks with the stock 18's before I decide.

Just ran this through an offset calculator, the ET35 with 8" wheels will poke 4mm more than mine, which is fine and will look pretty good.

Although this is a tire tool on a website and may not translate to real world applications very well.

Source: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Korab

Ready to race!
Just ran this through an offset calculator, the ET35 with 8" wheels will poke 4mm more than mine, which is fine and will look pretty good.

Although this is a tire tool on a website and may not translate to real world applications very well.

Source: http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Thanks for the link. Hub distance to fender should be the same on TSI's,TDI's and GTI's, right?

Last edited:

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the link. Hub distance to fender should be the same on TSI's, TDI's and GTI's, right?

I'm not sure, I do know that the inner clearance can be a problem with the fuel filler neck in the rear.

On the ET35 sizing, I don't think those will fit in the front fenders now that I think about it.