GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official PNW Chit-Chat Channel (NSFW): Round 4

graylaw

update to the empty void that is PNW, get her running again both third and first cylinder's coil packs failed. so replaced those and flushed the intake with some cleaner then changed the oil because it got gas in it. long story short she's purring like a kitten again =)

AK_Rabbit

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
an ox cart
Oh, man, good to hear you got your car sorted. Just after I got this MKV, I had a coil pack and a cracked engine cover cause my car to puke all over itself. Was no good.

graylaw

yeah its running a lot better now I'm still getting some cold start misfires though... im thinking of removing the intake manifold and cleaning it out myself but thats a pretty big project time wise

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
been a moment since I poked my head in here but it definitely looks like the majority of the people that frequented the chit chat back in the day are gone. My kids are finally old enough that I can fit their car seats 3 in a row in the back again so I'm pulling the MKV off the backburner again. She's sat for a year and a half at this point. Nothing seriously wrong was just burned out on it. Plans for the near future are just cleaning up all the little air leaks and improperly torqued bolts, new battery and back on the road. Got a 98 beetle TDI a few months back and it's sparked my interest in VW again.

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
been a moment since I poked my head in here but it definitely looks like the majority of the people that frequented the chit chat back in the day are gone. My kids are finally old enough that I can fit their car seats 3 in a row in the back again so I'm pulling the MKV off the backburner again. She's sat for a year and a half at this point. Nothing seriously wrong was just burned out on it. Plans for the near future are just cleaning up all the little air leaks and improperly torqued bolts, new battery and back on the road. Got a 98 beetle TDI a few months back and it's sparked my interest in VW again.

Great to hear that she's coming out of storage!

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
LOL and all these month's later I've snagged up a second hand votex lip and washed it up. Between the kids and my home business I still haven't found time to DIY so I'm gonna ship it up to JSport in Bellingham for a quick cleanup and return to service in the next week or so. Looking forward to being back out on the street in something reasonably quick. Slow and smokey while getting 50mpg is only so much fun

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Haven't been on here in a long while.

I've still got the MkV, but recently purchased a 2012 Audi A3 S-Line. I am in absolute love with this thing. I stripped nearly all of my aftermarket parts from the MkV and have slowly been swapping them onto the A3. It's great that they're mechanically identical (although the TSI engine is a tad different having come from the FSI).

So far I've got it on H&R Ultra Lows, installed a EuroJet catch can (original EJ, not the new stassis crap), Unitronic stage 1+, and just today got 5% tint all around.

Still to come are the VF engine and trans mounts from the MkV, an AWE vent boost gauge, and an EVOMS intake.

Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk