GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official PNW Chit-Chat Channel (NSFW): Round 4

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
slammed the Mk2 on cut neuspeed springs, and KYB struts. Horrible ride. Definitely putting the H&R fronts and Eiback rears back on...

lol

MkV content: Probably putting the winter mode S$ Avus wheels on this week. I think It's finally time to powdercoat the OZ wheels something funky.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah its getting to be time to put the snows on the subie. And sadly the M3 will be in the garage more and more :( Got to go out for a drive last night tho which was quite nice. Had to be careful for leaves tho.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
How's the jobby job? Haven't seen much from you on friendface about epic work stuff.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
Job's cool and all. Spending a lot more time in the office right now and less field time. How's the brewing? I just bought a 20 quart SS pot in the hopes of starting back up again.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Brewing was on hiatus over the summer, but I brewed two batches last month. I started teaching my cousin how to brew, so one of the batches was extract. Both should be in the keg by this Friday.

The first was supposed to be a Pale Ale, but it turned out pretty dark. So I'm not sure what to call it. I guess I'll have to taste it, and place it then. For now, the name of the recipe is Rockhopper Pale Ale.

The second is an attempt at cloning Ruthless RyePA from Sierra Nevada. Great beer. I changed it a bit by using only Citra hops, and we're calling it Hittin' the RyePA.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
Pale's can be pretty dark sometimes, maybe call it a hoppy amber? Or a NW Red? I will only be doiung extract when I start back up. Dont have the patience or gear to do all-grain.

Oh man we got a couple bottles of this beer from Oakshire's Single Batch Series. Its a Pumpkin Chocolate Imperial Porter.. SO FREAKING GOOD. And then we found t on tap at the bar a block from my house...KAKOW!

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Pumpkin Choco Imperial Porter? That sounds deliciously complex. I haven't seen many new porters on the shelves around here, this year. Which is sad, cause I love the style.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah its pretty scrumptious. Check your bottle shops. It was a "single batch" so limited release. Porters hve really grown on me. I used to dislike them for their "thin-ness" but they are tasty fur sure. Have you tried the new Full Sail LTD6 black lager? Pretty good too.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Damnit, I haven't seen the LTD6, either. I'm going tohit up Gravity Beer Market, today. You're making me thirsty.

I did have a pleasant DoubleIPA at my local pub, yesterday. It was called Yellow Wolf or something. They had it on nitro, but I don't think that made a difference with that particular beer.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Yeah, that's the one. I don't know if I had ever heard of Alameda before. I'd like to see what else they have.

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
Their stuff is overall pretty good. Their stout is BOMMB. Called the XX Black Bear. If you can find it on nitro is soooooo good.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
I'll def look for that one. My 2013 goal is to have a nitro tap at home. Gonna pricey, though.