GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Northern Illinois Thread (Part 2)

Dybz

Banned
Car(s)
'09 GTI
lol, guess us northern illinois people like to talk a lot...

Car(s)
Acura RSX-S

tuning/dynoing this month. im also leaving back to socal feb 3 so everything is gonna be rushed. im just hoping for 270whp since i really dont have any exhaust upgrades

twitch9mm

Driver
Car(s)
2008 GTI
im headed back town south to carbondale today. probably wont be back up north until the summer, maybe for spring break
thats all good. I imagine it's a bit easier when it's a little warmer to take a look n after talking to some people (matt) I realize I'm actually fairly kind to my motor so I'm not worried that much anymore but spring break or summers cool.

twitch9mm

Driver
Car(s)
2008 GTI
oh and I just saw the Blue Nissan R34 skyline drive right past my driveway on Grand in Gurnee :drool:

twitch9mm

Driver
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I just saw it drive past my driveway so I couldn't see the badge but I don't think there are any other blue ones up here so my money was/is on that being the same one.

Rich241

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Is this real life? A new Northern Illinois thread! In on page 1... This post is for sale P.M. me.

twitch9mm

Driver
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I'm sure it was. The only other two around here are black and yellow.

macq

Car(s)
vw
Ok guys, one of my best friends and I are working on opening a very small private business on a side (a "garage" kinda business), and if all goes according to plan we will be able to offer powdercoating services. Mainly wheels, but Im sure we would be able to work on almost anything that can be powdercoated. Like I said its all in air still, but we both agreed it would be a cool idea to make some extra few bucks, and at the same time a good way to contribute to the local automotive community.

Im posting this to see how many people would be interested in our services IF we get it to work.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

Yeah, there go my 2636 posts lmao. I mean they're still accounted for, but now we're all starting fresh.

Anyone interested in an R32 rear for sale? I'm selling mine.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139225

Damn, I wish this was a little sooner when my car was in the shop getting the lowers matched. Oh well, I would have had to get a new or modified catback.

n after talking to some people (matt) I realize I'm actually fairly kind to my motor so I'm not worried that much anymore but spring break or summers cool.

Hahaha how about that. I guess I just like revs? I've always shifted at or near fuel cut. While peak horsepower may be better at 6500, it also drops your rpms for the next gear 500 less than if you shift at 7000. My car makes peak horsepower at 6300 and peak torque at 3500. It's screwy because K03's supposedly lose significant power up top, but my dyno says otherwise? And that's not even the Stg 2+ file.

was it RHD, single fart-can style exhast, and had GT-R Spec-V badging? if so, it was a GT-S, eric (eurocars) and myself have run into him, and followed him to a JDM car meet before.

And I'm pretty sure this is the same R34 that's been at the Another Level car show in Palatine.

Ok guys, one of my best friends and I are working on opening a very small private business on a side (a "garage" kinda business), and if all goes according to plan we will be able to offer powdercoating services. Mainly wheels, but Im sure we would be able to work on almost anything that can be powdercoated. Like I said its all in air still, but we both agreed it would be a cool idea to make some extra few bucks, and at the same time a good way to contribute to the local automotive community.

Im posting this to see how many people would be interested in our services IF we get it to work.

What prices for a wheel set are you talking? If the work is good, I may be interested. But I also have a friend who knows a powdercoater who said he could do them for $200. That's a tough price to beat I think.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I forgot to respond to this from the old thread.

the civic si is actually supposed to respond to mods better than the rsx but when i had bolt ons i raced other si;s with the same mods and pulled every time. i wanna say numbers dont lie because they do get better numbers mod for mod but something doesnt add up.

Yeah, it is weird. The gearing is the same? I thought the Si was slightly lighter than the Type S as well. Maybe I was thinking that the RSX was better responding with the cable throttle because Hondata can do more with it?

peak #'s might be better, but every graph i've seen is extremely peaky for the SI's. maybe RSX-S has better curve. btw, have you dynoed/tracked since you finished up that turbo?

That's a good point too. The whole powerband is the important part; the part underneath the numbers that equate to overall volume of horsepower and torque.