GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Northern Illinois Thread (Part 2)

Kricket

v-dubber, once again...
Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted in here but just thought I'd give you all a heads up. I just had an AWFUL experience at Autobarn City VW in Chicago. Here's the thread with all of the info:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180488

Be careful out there - we all know dealers charge WAY too much for the services they provide - but it seems that a few "certified" VW techs will also try to get much, MUCH more out of you...

Rich241

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Yo guys, been a long time since I've posted on here. Will anyone be available this saturday sometime to plug a vagcom into my car? I had an airbag sensor unplugged and light hasnt gone off. Just hoping it needs to be cleared manually.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yo guys, been a long time since I've posted on here. Will anyone be available this saturday sometime to plug a vagcom into my car? I had an airbag sensor unplugged and light hasnt gone off. Just hoping it needs to be cleared manually.

Just texted you.

dave80

Go Kart Champion
So, I have the gti for over four years now and still not bored with it. Wondering if she can make it for another 4 years.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
For what?

Missed this. Car was lightly hit by a bicycle or something so the entire drivers side was scratched. While working on that, they also replaced both front fenders, blended the hood, and repaired the drivers quarter panel by the bumper from rust.

And because it was rushed back together, I had to drop it off again yesterday for them to fix what they messed up. So I'll have it back tomorrow.

So, I have the gti for over four years now and still not bored with it. Wondering if she can make it for another 4 years.

LOL funny you mention that. I was looking at the date and realized today marks the 7th year of me having mine.

If I'm at 7 years and 124k on a KO4'd FSI, I think you'll be fine.:lol: