GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Mk5 Audio Information Thread

GTI Punk

Car(s)
2007 GTI
Hello All,
I have looked just about everywhere and can't find the answer. I am upgrading to the MFD2 from the Premium 7. I was looking for an adapter that allows the text to be displayed on either the head unit or the MFD, still allows me to use the steering wheel functions and allows for a shuffle play. I have only seen things like the Dension or Dice units, but all info mainly pertains to the Premium 7. Does anyone know of, or have a suggestion to a unit that will work on the MFD2 that performs like what is available for the premium 7? I mainly want the song text display and retension of steering wheel functions. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

Newby

First timer - RCD500 issues / jammed

First time GTi owner, first time on a forum...apologies if I am posting in the wrong place...

Bought a 2007 Mk V about a week ago, and I finally know why everyone has been talking about these cars (should have bought one years ago !!).

Yesterday I incorrectly loaded a second CD into the changer, it somehow jammed, and stupid me pressed too many buttons trying to fix it. The CD eventually came out but now the stacker thinks there is a CD in the 2nd slot and the stacker makes a constant whirring noise before timing out and saying 'service'....and it will no longer play the CD in slot 1.

Have I totally buggered it, or is there something I can do before throwing $$$ at the service centre ? According to my handbook, it is the RCD500 model.

On a separate note, I am also after:
- bluetooth for mobile phone with hand controls on the wheel
- an ipod cable so that I can avoid cd's altogether.

I noticed a load of discussions on the MFD2. Is there a single device such as this that could give me everything I want (bluetooth, ipod and a working cd stacker).

TTB yeee

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump this up, anyone know how to make a MP3 cd shuffle songs? I have tried to no avail...it just plays everything in order..I have the premium 6 disc changer w sat on an 06 mkv GTI

TTB yeee

Passed Driver's Ed
I figured it out after doing a bit of searching, anyone who wants to know how to shuffle on a SAT cd player, just hold down CD for a few seconds and it beeps and lets you know in the top right corner, mine says "mix cd"

McStock

Passed Driver's Ed
I figured it out after doing a bit of searching, anyone who wants to know how to shuffle on a SAT cd player, just hold down CD for a few seconds and it beeps and lets you know in the top right corner, mine says "mix cd"

Hello From the future, I've been wondering since I got my car why VW didnt have a shuffle feature, So happy that you showed me how to do it! :happyanim:

Immediately after reading your tip I sprinted down three flights of stairs to try it out, and it worked thanks! :thumbsup: