GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Inauguration Day Thread

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Well I went to sleep on a Thursday and woke up on Friday. Then poof, he was our president.

Liar... Or did you sleep in until after Noon on Friday...? :D

See, this is the mentality of the left, or rather the small minded left which happens to comprise about 85% of the left. They are unwilling to hear both sides of the argument, they are unwilling to consider cooperating with their opposition to work for a greater compromise. All they see is red, and they aim to piss, bitch, shit, moan, and whine until they have their way. Literal human garbage.
Actually, what you just described is EVERY republican in congress for the last 8 years... :rolleyes:
If you don't realize the irony of this then where have you been the last 8 years?
And that is the best possible response to it...

red_stapler

Ready to race!
See, this is the mentality of the left, or rather the small minded left which happens to comprise about 85% of the left. They are unwilling to hear both sides of the argument, they are unwilling to consider cooperating with their opposition to work for a greater compromise. All they see is red, and they aim to piss, bitch, shit, moan, and whine until they have their way. Literal human garbage.

Again, it's interesting to me that from the perspective of the left, Republicans act/are the same way. We've certainly seen that sort of behavior from both sides since at least '06 in my memory.

lostk

Ready to race!
Oh I was never an Obama supporter lmao. Don't twist me saying I didn't root against his success as him being my candidate. I'm just not an asshole who would rather see the nation suffer than one man succeed

have fun fighting on behalf of another war for oil then...

lostk

Ready to race!
The crazy thing is, traditionally people who work and are in unions support the democratic candidate. Republicans are big time against unions through the past century. But, how many people working in a factory building fords and chevys and dodges give two fucks about whether or not a transgender can use a bathroom of his/her/it's choice. How many of those people give two shits about whether San Francisco should be able to refuse federal immigration law and still receive federal funding? Until the left figures that simple predicament out, it's Trumpenomics for now.

a gti owner supporting protectionism..ive seen it all

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
You really love your labels and stereotypes.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
have fun fighting on behalf of another war for oil then...

Are you really that fucking stupid? You make that statement the day after he passes an executive order for the keystone and Dakota pipelines. I've been respectful and countered every argument of yours with facts but you need to read a fucking textbook.

lostk

Ready to race!
Are you really that fucking stupid? You make that statement the day after he passes an executive order for the keystone and Dakota pipelines. I've been respectful and countered every argument of yours with facts but you need to read a fucking textbook.

i make the statement when he makes statements like this: http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trumps-talk-of-taking-the-oil-sparks-questions-in-us-iraq

"To the victor belong the spoils," Trump told members of the intelligence community, saying he first argued this case for "economic reasons." He said it made sense as a counterterrorism approach to defeating ISIS "because that's where they made their money in the first place."

"So we should have kept the oil," he said. "But, OK, maybe you'll have another chance."

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
i make the statement when he makes statements like this: http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trumps-talk-of-taking-the-oil-sparks-questions-in-us-iraq

"To the victor belong the spoils," Trump told members of the intelligence community, saying he first argued this case for "economic reasons." He said it made sense as a counterterrorism approach to defeating ISIS "because that's where they made their money in the first place."

"So we should have kept the oil," he said. "But, OK, maybe you'll have another chance."

What he's stating is true. People write books on it. Without oil, governments in that part of the world are powerless. There is nothing but sand and oil in Iraq. ISIL (the correct term when talking about the Islamic State in Iraq) took control of the oil fields and uses it to fund its government operations and pay fighters.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Again, it's interesting to me that from the perspective of the left, Republicans act/are the same way. We've certainly seen that sort of behavior from both sides since at least '06 in my memory.

^ This. Have you ever been on the comments section/message boards of the Fox news website. Yeah they are a really compromising and open minded bunch

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
What he's stating is true. People write books on it. Without oil, governments in that part of the world are powerless. There is nothing but sand and oil in Iraq. ISIL (the correct term when talking about the Islamic State in Iraq) took control of the oil fields and uses it to fund its government operations and pay fighters.

Nothing but sand and oil in Iraq? Kirkuk, Erbil, and Mosul would beg to differ about that. Yeah the south is all desert, along with areas around Baghdad. But the northern part is forested. My parents lived in Mosul in the early 80s when the Iran-Iraq war started because my dad oversaw many construction projects there and from the photos they have, it was hardly "sand and oil".

Da'esh (technically that's the correct term used by regional governments as well as France and Australia) doesn't have operation of its oil fields anymore in its Iraqi territories; only in Syria which is sold increasingly to Bashar's regime oddly enough.

Dude, do you seriously want to go back to Iraq just to take over oil fields? I'm not going to question why you signed up at the time. However, I would like to give the benefit of the doubt and presume you wouldn't want to be a soldier just to fulfill someone's economic objectives. You can't simply want to take part in being the foot soldier of an occupying power, especially after the failed invasion a decade prior.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Nothing but sand and oil in Iraq? Kirkuk, Erbil, and Mosul would beg to differ about that. Yeah the south is all desert, along with areas around Baghdad. But the northern part is forested. My parents lived in Mosul in the early 80s when the Iran-Iraq war started because my dad oversaw many construction projects there and from the photos they have, it was hardly "sand and oil".

Da'esh (technically that's the correct term used by regional governments as well as France and Australia) doesn't have operation of its oil fields anymore in its Iraqi territories; only in Syria which is sold increasingly to Bashar's regime oddly enough.

Dude, do you seriously want to go back to Iraq just to take over oil fields? I'm not going to question why you signed up at the time. However, I would like to give the benefit of the doubt and presume you wouldn't want to be a soldier just to fulfill someone's economic objectives. You can't simply want to take part in being the foot soldier of an occupying power, especially after the failed invasion a decade prior.

I certainly can assure you I did not sign up to go fight for oil. The initial war in Iraq was tragic because we never should have been there in the first place. Bush and Cheney used Bin Laden as the leverage to open the door and wanted to fight a war for political reasons. I never said every Republican administration was the ideal example of excellence. Look of the Office of Special Projects at the Pentagon to see just how much our War on WMDs was fabricated by politicians despite intelligence analysts repeatedly denying their existence. But oil is the primary money maker for the region. Obviously there are other industries, but nothing of similar scale to oil.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
I certainly can assure you I did not sign up to go fight for oil. The initial war in Iraq was tragic because we never should have been there in the first place. Bush and Cheney used Bin Laden as the leverage to open the door and wanted to fight a war for political reasons. I never said every Republican administration was the ideal example of excellence. Look of the Office of Special Projects at the Pentagon to see just how much our War on WMDs was fabricated by politicians despite intelligence analysts repeatedly denying their existence. But oil is the primary money maker for the region. Obviously there are other industries, but nothing of similar scale to oil.

Appreciate your service homie.

Agreed that Iraq should have never been invaded in the first place under the false pretense of WMD's. Because of that decision we continue to clean up the mess Bush and Cheney created just so they can settle a score or two with Saddam.

That being said, unlike our dipshit "President", former President Bush understood the extreme importance in winning hearts and minds in the region. He never resorted to making generalized comments about Muslims like Trump and his supporters continue to make. And I'm old enough to remember how the right-wing was always complaining about how the "media" would never show the good side of the war and always the bad. They made sure they would find first-hand accounts of Iraqis who showed their appreciation for US troops that were based there. Fast forward to today and these imbeciles are out wanting a massive Crusade now, even against those whom they warmly shared their sentiments then! Only problem with advocating a Crusade is this: you can't have a world war if you're not willing to pay the tax rates to fund said war effort :laugh:

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
^ This. Have you ever been on the comments section/message boards of the Fox news website. Yeah they are a really compromising and open minded bunch

They're also an extremely genocidal bunch on top of it.

Philimon

Ready to race!
I've never heard Alex Jones before, but he was on joe rogan experience recently. It's long, but I can't turn it off. Shit starts conspiracy theory level crazy, then just crazy. Wild stories that could be great movie scripts. Fun listen so far.:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPCp8SPfOM

I'm posting this here because trump and election does get touched on. I guess this was a hotly anticipated episode. Just was linked to this from another forum. Whoever this third guy is, joes partner, he's detrimental, always interrupting without adding much.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I've never heard Alex Jones before, but he was on joe rogan experience recently. It's long, but I can't turn it off. Shit starts conspiracy theory level crazy, then just crazy. Wild stories that could be great movie scripts. Fun listen so far.:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPCp8SPfOM

I'm posting this here because trump and election does get touched on. I guess this was a hotly anticipated episode. Just was linked to this from another forum. Whoever this third guy is, joes partner, he's detrimental, always interrupting without adding much.

Love Joe Rogan. His interviews with Graham Hancock are wild. I'll give this a listen going into it knowing Alex Jones history as a fringe conspiracy theorist.