GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Inauguration Day Thread

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
Considering the fact that she won the popular vote by a wide margin, guess it must be the Kool-Aid then.

Bernie Sanders was the Ron Paul of 2016.

On another note, Nazi prick Richard Spencer got hit :bellyroll:

So popular vote is the sand you prefer to bury your head in? Got it. Disappointed because I used to give you much more credit than that.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
So popular vote is the sand you prefer to bury your head in? Got it. Disappointed because I used to give you much more credit than that.

I don't believe in right-wing and far-left lies about Hillary Clinton. I'm sorry I'm not either a moonbat or a wingnut in your eyes.

ahard48

Ready to race!

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Not in this country, or any other first world industrialized country. It's about who acquires the most electoral college votes.
It's how every other election is done besides the presidency.
Maybe its due for a change.

Sent from phone Tapa

It's how every other election is done besides the presidency.
Maybe its due for a change.

Sent from phone Tapa

So 98% of rural america would basically have no voice? The system was created so that everyone felt they had a voice in the election, not just the opinions of those living in Boston, NYC, LA, Austin, Miami, Chicago, San Fran, etc.

If the left were smart, they'd spread out, instead of flocking to metro areas, but they thrive on their Starbucks, and Forever 21. Can't get that in Bumfuckstown, Tenn.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
They could do a popular vote if there was real voter ID and consequences for voter fraud.

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
So I need to bring up the point that literally no country in the modern world uses a pure democracy for their primary election. The founding fathers set it up for a reason. It's not like this result hasn't happened before. Hell most of us have lived through multiple instances of a candidate winning electoral votes and losing popular.

It's simply the reality of the system. As the population increases in certain areas, the left will need to bring out more voters to compensate. Voter turnout was the lowest since 2000, so if you want to blame something, blame those who didn't vote. This could be due to a multitude of factors, but the most prominent being the DNC selecting quite possibly the worst candidate (by approval numbers) in election history.

*Edit* Don't believe my first claim? Try to find a single country that uses a pure popular vote system for their main election. If you can find one (has to be a pure popular), I'll buy you a beer next meet.

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
While you are correct in it is set up that way by the founding fathers, you are incorrect in the reason as to why.
Originally, it had to do with distribution of information to the population. Electors were chosen to represent the people since there was limited information network at the time. Now that we have such networks , a slightly more informed populus, and more people who can technically vote, there is no reason to rely on the outdated system.
Why should a larger state have less electoral votes per person?

Sent from phone Tapa