GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official GVRD chat thread (#2)

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ha, no worries man, it was a helpful suggestion. If I'm right, though, Vehicle Inclination sensing is so your car alarm sounds if your car gets towed. And I don't think we have that feature in North American GTIs. :wink:

wbean

attention whore
Car(s)
09 CW Gti
i figured i haven't been on this for a long time so let me throw some of my life stories up here.

i moved from vancouver to hong kong in july as some of u know. and this is what i ended up with.

wbean

attention whore
Car(s)
09 CW Gti
Here's my little update thread for my 2011 Golf R.

Basic specs:
Shadow Blue
Golf R
DSG 5 door
Euro spec

- Auto headlights/wipers
- power folding mirror
- puddle lights
- OEM Recaro in suede/leather
- Suede back seats
- Black housing xenon lights
- No front bumper markers (shaved from factory)
- OEM cherry R LED tail lights (rear fog)

Some pics of when I first got it!

Roof rack on! surprisingly one of my first mods.

Random night doing some light painting.

Day of new wheels.

Spoiler install day

Geesus wheel gap disgusting!

Current mods:

Unitronic stage 2+ ecu tune
Unitronic stage 2 DSG (rev limiter set at 7400 rpm, delete upshift)
KMD hp fuel pump
SPM 200-cell downpipe
BMC CDA carbon intake
Airlift Performance bags + V2 management
Enkei RPF1 18x9 et35 square + Dunlop Z2 tires
P3gauge RHD digital gauge
motevo multimedia deck
Maniac dsg extension
Carbon trunk spoiler
OEM roof rack + custom fairing
FineVu CR500G dashcam

BIG UP to Monster Garage and PG performance (my old shop) for all the work that i can't manage to do in my parking lot.

Day after I bagged it. (pre-fender rolling so can't air out)

Still can't air out. Realized the performance front shocks need to be adjusted as the shock body can be shortened to fully take advantage of the bags.

Big 1+ for my drifter friend who managed to roll it perfectly w/ the emergency bar in the trunk and a towel.

Ghetto rolled my fender on the side of the road so a BIT lower now in the front! Of course mcdonalds necessary afterwards to reward ourselves.

Coming up mods (all in my possession just not arrived/installed yet) :

BSH phoenix rising intake
AWE 28mm RSB
Scorpion 3" stainless catback
Kerscher Carbon front splitter
JL audio 10V3 sub
Trunk build (gray suede)
18x10 square one piece custom forge wheels (0.06 face)

How my little blue rocket sits now.

Roof rack is such a must for a real dubbers car.

Parked all pretty at my work parking lot. next to it are usually a R8 V10, SLS and a 550 GT. I feel so inferior :(

AND LASTLY.

slam is not cool, lift is the way to go :w00t:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ian, that's terrific, man! I hadn't realized you'd left the country, but it looks like it's worked out really well for you. :thumbsup:

Car looks great, and I'm super jelly. How do you like the Unitronic tunes?

wbean

attention whore
Car(s)
09 CW Gti
much slower than APR and Revo haha ..

less aggressive. more linear. I cant say i get good fuel mileage the way i drive but usually it has the best fuel mileage out of the three.

DSG tune, spot on. I am on stage 1 right now cause my stage 2 tune is getting revised and i immediately felt the difference! cant even imagine how slow the stock dsg tune was ...

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
Nice Ian! I suppose the only times you really get to go fast is out in the New Territories

wbean

attention whore
Car(s)
09 CW Gti
oh man .. there are tons of mountain passes here .. like literally twisties to hairpins haha ..

on highways near my house i can hit about 250km/h safely. the highways arent straight, tehy have elevation changes and a bit of camber to the road. it's great.

since being here, i used to not care about camber and alignment all that much and tire sizes. But dang even with 2.4/3.2 camber i can feel the difference in the level of grip i lost from factory alignment.

my next big thing is going to be LSD and haldex.

eason_c

Haven't been to the forum since 2.5yrs ago.. Just dropping by to said Hi.. and I see the forum is going very well.. but I saw lots of FS post in the forum.. I guess many of you guys have moved on to something else.