GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official GVRD chat thread (#2)

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think our cars just have shitty air conditioning. Mine's already been checked out once, because I couldn't believe a new car would have such a lousy system, but they told me it was fine?

It only ever barely keeps up, and then only if I've got the temp to LO, the fan on full and the Climatronic set to recirculation. Lame. :mad:

BlkBunny

Dubbin
I think our cars just have shitty air conditioning. Mine's already been checked out once, because I couldn't believe a new car would have such a lousy system, but they told me it was fine?

It only ever barely keeps up, and then only if I've got the temp to LO, the fan on full and the Climatronic set to recirculation. Lame. :mad:

I think it gets cold quick but it doesn't get cold enough. I wonder why.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm sure they were worried about parasitic loss when they designed this system, and it's probably underdriven... the compressor probably just isn't powerful enough.

Embarrassing that the A/C in the 10 year old GM van I drive for work could keep a side of beef frozen, but that my VW couldn't keep an ice cube intact for more than 2 minutes.

Sigh.

Darthchilli

I R FASTA
Car(s)
BMP GTI 4door
I finally opened up the VW Camper.. took 6hours. well worth it guys. Yes I have a huge lego obsession.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Nice bus, I have the same one! My latest addition is the Lego Unimog, birthday present from my wife!

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
God damn that some sick lego you guys. Now all we need is a mkv lego id definetly buy that.

Slothy

Distrusts the trustworthy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Hey any of you got the noise pipe for an FSI engine kicking around to sell?

Slothy

Distrusts the trustworthy
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Any of you from the tri-cities? I always see a white GTI around Poco, looks pretty good and always clean.