GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf Recipe Thread - Happy 4th of July 🎆🎇 Get to Grilling!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Homemade baked beans with both bacon and hot dogs from a real smokehouse. Noaks of Meriden CT. I did grilled veg salad last night.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I don't have any cheese in stock besides parm, otherwise I would try this(minus guac and beans.) The only logical thing to be better than mayonnaise is cheese itself.

Yeah I like that cheese outside idea!! I do have some shredded cheese maybe I’ll try it tomorrow

Guacamole and beans are gross 🤢. All beans are gross actually.

What did everyone do today?

Started getting the garage straight. Ordered lighting and started organizing stuff. Moved into a new house in January and still have boxes of stuff to put away.

Got some water ice (mango) with vanilla custard.

75FB673D-D079-46C6-AEF2-BAC59507B52C.jpeg

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
And now in addition to bacon I am never buying packaged hot dogs again. Not as big a difference as bacon but yeah real dogs are better. For me the most obvious difference is sodium levels. The not stupid salty flavor is wonderful

Nat reported for not liking beans

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
And now in addition to bacon I am never buying packaged hot dogs again. Not as big a difference as bacon but yeah real dogs are better. For me the most obvious difference is sodium levels. The not stupid salty flavor is wonderful

Nat reported for not liking beans
What kind of dog? Dachshund?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Maybe that’s why you see people carrying their dog around everywhere... maybe they are going for wagyu dog.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Yeah I like that cheese outside idea!! I do have some shredded cheese maybe I’ll try it tomorrow

Guacamole and beans are gross 🤢. All beans are gross actually.

Started getting the garage straight. Ordered lighting and started organizing stuff. Moved into a new house in January and still have boxes of stuff to put away.

Got some water ice (mango) with vanilla custard.

View attachment 215491
Mango? Why would you ruin a gelati. Root beer with vanilla ftw.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Mango? Why would you ruin a gelati. Root beer with vanilla ftw.

Nah mango is the best water ice flavor. I do like root beer tho. I think next time I go I’m gonna just get the custard. It’s sooooo good. Might try a Concrete or whatever they call their Blizzard like things.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Alright, for my actual contribution to this thread, it's actually a stolen recipe from Alton Brown, but I make it all the time. Best homemade fries ever.

Tomorrow, Fries:

At least 12 hours before frying, heat oven to 350°F and position a rack in top half of the oven. Set an empty sheet pan on a lower rack.

Using a dinner fork or paring knife, poke several holes in the potatoes to allow water vapor to escape during cooking. Coat each potato lightly with 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil and sprinkle generously with salt.

Bake the potatoes directly on the oven rack until tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a potato reads between 185°F and 195°F, 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate overnight, unwrapped if possible

The next day, heat the 2 quarts peanut oil over medium-high heat to 375°F in a large Dutch oven fitted with a deep-fry thermometer. (As the temperature crosses 350°F, turn down the heat to medium so that you don't shoot through the target temp.) Line a rimmed baking sheet with paper towels, then place a wire cooling rack upside down on the paper towels.

Meanwhile, slice the cold potatoes into half-inch-thick batons, leaving the skin attached. Boost the heat back to medium-high slightly before adding the first fries and cook 8 to 10 at a time until golden brown and delicious, 2 to 3 minutes. (You may have to adjust the heat to maintain the oil temperature, so keep an eye on it.) Use a spider to fish the fries from the oil to the prepared rack. Sprinkle with additional salt while hot and devour.