GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Frankenturbo F23T Owner's Thread

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Nice boost graph you got there man, any N75 dc graph? Your car must pull really nice with those ~22psi all the way to redline.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Yeah that graph looks almost picture perfect and that dip I'm assuming is because you are on a stock bottom end. There could still be another issue but it sure isn't boost related.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
Nice boost graph you got there man, any N75 dc graph? Your car must pull really nice with those ~22psi all the way to redline.

Yeah that graph looks almost picture perfect and that dip I'm assuming is because you are on a stock bottom end. There could still be another issue but it sure isn't boost related.

Yes, Stock bottom end. I don't know how to make graphs at all :/ I just know how to record and save the logs, then send them to Doug :bow:

If someone here wants to check the log out, just lemme know your Email address.

I was noticing today, on the interstate in mexico, doing some 6th gear pulls from 80-130mph indicated that the noise im hearing/feeling is almost like a fluttering and it's coming from the intake. I can hear it... I noticed it was happening even while the car was holding boost.

A concern I have is the way my tune is set up. Maybe doug and/or bronson can shed a bit more light on this... But, basically when I was first tuning my car, I didn't have a manual boost controller on it. The car was over-boosting pretty badly, and Bronson was trying to fix this through the tune. He got it really close, but I decided to still get a MBC since it would over-boost on occasion under heavy load.

Should I be looking to get it re-tuned? Or should this not be an issue at all?

doug@frankenturbo

Turbos Galore
Car(s)
Gary Fisher HiFi
doing some 6th gear pulls from 80-130mph indicated that the noise im hearing/feeling is almost like a fluttering and it's coming from the intake. I can hear it... I noticed it was happening even while the car was holding boost.

what's the engine revving during the fluttering? Does it dissipate after you reach a certain engine speed? Also, this coincides with overboost, yes?

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
what's the engine revving during the fluttering? Does it dissipate after you reach a certain engine speed? Also, this coincides with overboost, yes?

to be honest I didn't take notice of the engine rpm's. And no, it flutter's while it's holding boost and pulling.

I suppose it coincides with overboost, but I have the MBC on the car so it's not letting it overboost.

GTIRaider

Go Kart Champion
This is just a dumb race story of mine so take it with a grain of salt.

I was able to hold and start to pull on a brand new STI while driving on the on-ramp of the interstate. It was a two lane instate on-ramp, I was on the inner lane so I did have a slight advantage in distance. When we finished the turn to hit the strait run, we both gave it a good go, they were unable to pass me and I started to pull on him once speeds reached 60+. I never really pushed any gear above 5k, just never like to push my car harder than it needs to.

Any rate cool story bro.

I will say I'm always happy this car is so strong about 60+mph.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Nice kill, you might be bogging your car a little shifting that early, specially with an F23T.

Take a look at some recent dragstrip action, 13.6 at over 5000ft elevation.

Car(s)
Subaru
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429030308.095759.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429030315.733719.jpg

I'm saying good bye to the annoying dd fx350 and switching to the sre with a dmf.

I asked Sachs to send me something for free too... They sent me some gummy bears :)

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Glad you went with the Sachs.

Car(s)
Subaru
Glad you went with the Sachs.

yeah, still waiting on the dmf. it says it should be here today but ups was already here. im guessing it was left on the truck and he will be back later.

but hope to get this installed here soon. i think im going to move back to cincinnati ohio and the drive would be perfect for breaking it in :thumbsup: