GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official California FS/FT/WTB/WTT Thread -- Part 2

mgalanif

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI
Not much activity here, but.... I'm looking to go BT, seeing if anyone has the necessary parts for sale. Downpipe/full TBE, injectors, hpfp, etc. (I already have the intake, but that's it).

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like this place might be dead. I am looking for some parts and figured I would try here.

1. Leather Seats (I have an 09 MK5) Front / Bach preferred. Front only is ok.
2. Interior Trim from the R - machined aluminum ashtray, etc.
3. Stealth Sub Box for the back.

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like this place might be dead. I am looking for some parts and figured I would try here.

I decided after trying to find That interior trim that it was easier to order the machined look from Amazon in vinyl wrap. The stuff looks the same and way cheaper.

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed

Also, the stealth box is hard to find anymore. JBL stop making the fiberglass enclosure. I saw one for sale from Germany with free shipping. Check ebay. The guys up in Rancho Cordova at the V.W. Salvage yard got me a leather back seat for $75. They post on CL. And will ship if needed.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks man! I just picked up the trim from the R and it looks great. Couldn’t find the Ashtray, but have both doors and dash trim installed now. Pretty happy with it.

I will definitely try the Rancho Cordova salvage yard to see what they can do for me. I almost purchased a set of seats on Craigs here in LA only to find out they had been um...liberated from their previous owner so I walked away.

Will keep looking for the sub box - although I may go a different route for the audio.

Bulldugg

Passed Driver's Ed
Awesome job on the trim. Difficult to find other than expensive retailers. As for the seats, they do have a salvage showing leather, but since they ship all over the country to private and wholesalers, the cars get picked clean quickly. The got me a full mk6 steering wheel with airbag, module and signal stem for $350. Great guys, but if you call , be patient the phone lines are busy. they list on the Sac C.L.
as for the box, mine is nice, but Just don’t listen to enough music to justify it. (Sports talk sirrus) so if my niece doesn’t want it for her car, I can let you know.

sacman

Ready to race!
I have a brand new thermostat housing from VW for local pickup in Sacramento. Text me at 9163966364 if you are interested. I sold the car last year.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
O saw an ashtray on ebay about 3 wks ago. Might look. not sure which country I was cruizing when I saw it, though.
Cool - I will look! I am definitely interested in the sub if you decide to sell that. I actually picked up the interior this week and installed it. Front and back seat leather. Now I am just chasing an airbag error on the passenger side.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
This one was picked up, no longer available.

Free Pickup in Riverside CA
I have the full exhaust system from an 08 GTI (FSI)
I sold my car - new owner didn't want it
Usually a number of folks looking for these to pass smog with

It is FREE to anyone who would like to come and pick it up. Very low miles on it.

Last edited:

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Free Pickup in Riverside CA
I have the full exhaust system from an 08 GTI (FSI)
I sold my car - new owner didn't want it
Usually a number of folks looking for these to pass smog with

It is FREE to anyone who would like to come and pick it up. Very low miles on it.

Hella long shot but you still have it? I’m going to be in so cal next month

07MKVUG

Passed Driver's Ed
Hella long shot but you still have it? I’m going to be in so cal next month
Hey there I am also In Riverside also sold my MKV and have just the OEM FSI downpipe CAT section top half of GIACUser's picture if you want that to pass smog...or anyone else that does.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Free for either item - if you come pick up in Riverside (SoCal) in the next week or so.
no shipping
Private Message me if you want to come pick up

I got a CTS downpipe (fits MKV GTI FSI or MK6 Golf R) with the car when I bought it. Not going to use it. Connecting pipe has reducer so it can be used with stock muff

Took the stock headunit out of my MK6R - works fine.
Yes, code included.