GOLFMKV

Official Atlanta chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

DubKnight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
01 mkiv laguna gti
Hey, what time are you wanting me to come up that way? Im goin to meet up with Gti6120 at 1pm to pick up the springs.

roruss08gti

Have you been RickRolled?
Car(s)
08 GTI
If you want to come up after that, that will work.

roruss08gti

Car(s)
08 GTI
That is cool, give me a call and I will give you directions on how to get to my house.

nicodemayo

Ready to race!
Oh no worries Nico....was just saying that was what you suggested thats all,no hard feelings. Oh yea, that marta parking deck would be great (that is the one you are talking about right?) As for my stomach after that, man I ate alot that day lol.

Im not sure when i will put them on. If they are easy I will do it myself most likely or if you get some soon maybe put them on when you get yours (If you know how to do them that would be badass).

Yeah I hear ya, being varsity food is 75% grease and the rest is food, held together by it. So its taco mac we're meeting at? I still haven't seen a final decision on meeting. When do you guys plan on installing the springs? If you guys dont mind i'd like to come and watch if that's cool. Ill bring pizza or something.

DubKnight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
01 mkiv laguna gti
To be honest i dont really know where it is goin to be lol. As far as when we install them that is another not sure.....I lead a very disappointing life at times lol.

GTI6120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI, 08 A3
Whenever you guys are ready to install the springs I can certainly help. I installed the springs and my coilovers with a freind. Its more elbow grease than anything. You will need a spring compressor (which you can rent at any auto store) and basic mechanic tools. Here is the site that I used for the DIY. http://www.swankmonkey.com/vw/jetta/2006/suspension/

DubKnight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
01 mkiv laguna gti
Damn Gti that helps out alot actually. Thanks again for the springs tomorrow an thanks for that DIY thread.

DubKnight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
01 mkiv laguna gti
Hey Rick, did ya ever get that little light fixture fixed from when you where showing us your trunk?

roruss08gti

Car(s)
08 GTI
Hey Scott, between school and work, i haven't had a chance to get the tail lights replaced. As for the springs, mine should be here sometime next week. He is shipping them out tomorrow, or so he says.

Thanks GTI, for the DIY thread and any help you can give. I think Scott and I are probably going to do it the same day and knock them out. Prolly next Saturday, if Scott agrees. We can do it at my house. I have a jack and jack stands and I have several Auto part store around that will rent out tools. I have an air compressor and a very limited supply of pnuematic tools. But have enough hand tools to do what is necessary.

Bamakid, are you talking about this Saturday? Cause we are having a gtg on the 28th, I believe. Other than that, Scott and I are getting together tomorrow to do a quick paint of the front emblems.

DubKnight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
01 mkiv laguna gti
Damn Rick.....you have all the tools it seems lol (but thats good). As far as next Saturday, im stuck working all day til about 10pm sadly. But I will be able to make the gtg since its early enough in the day before I have to head in. Remember Rick, i have the primer an glossy black....need me to get the red? I have to get more paint anyways so I wont mind picking it up if you havent got it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.