GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

With an increasing number of MK7 VW enthusiasts mounting APEX wheels on their vehicles for both street and track use, we see many photographs of APEX wheels shared throughout the forum. This thread will compile photos of different APEX wheel fitments, as well as provide the community with detailed information surrounding wheel and tire fitment, alignment settings, brake and suspension clearances and more! Please feel free to ask questions along the way, we have fitment experts ready to provide technical support for both spirited street driving to weekend track warriors.

Feel free to just share pictures, but we know other enthusiasts would greatly appreciate if you included the following:
  • Wheel Model, Color, Size & Offset
  • Front and Rear Tire sizes, Tire Make & Model
  • Suspension Modifications, Camber Plates
  • Any required alignment settings such as added negative camber
  • Any other required modification (Spacers, fender rolling, etc.)
Let's Kick Things Off!

17" SM-10
Click here to learn more

Wheels:
17x8.5" ET43 SM-10s in Satin Bronze

Tires:
235/45-17 Michelin Pilot Sport AS4

Additional Modifications:
Aftermarket Lowering springs

Wheels:
17x9" ET42 SM-10s in Anthracite

Tires:
255/40-17 Nitto NT-01

Aftermarket Coilovers

18" SM-10
Click here to learn more

Wheels:
18x8.5" ET43 SM-10s in Satin Black

Tires:
235/40-18 Michelin PS4S

Aftermarket Lowering Springs

Wheels:
18x8.5" ET43 SM-10s in Satin Black

Tires:
235/40-18 Michelin PS4S

Aftermarket Coilovers

Have Fitment Questions?
See our
Official APEX MK7 Golf, GTI, and Golf R Fitment Guide

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
MK7 GTI

Wheel Model, Color, Size & Offset: 17x9 ET 42 SM-10

Front and Rear Tire sizes, Tire Make & Model: 245/40/17 Hankook RS4

Suspension Modifications: Equilibrium Tuning coilovers, lowered 1.1” from stock, 2.5F/2.0R camber, Macan Brembo 4 piston front calipers w/ 345mm rotors. No fitment issues.

74975624-E9FB-4C7E-AB84-DBA2DFC30B08.jpeg
BC57A6ED-468E-43EA-923F-0BF1A0F3CF8B.jpeg
0BDB3997-DB70-4EB1-82E7-B957FD94218B.jpeg

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
The fitment is perfect but I just don't like the face of the wheel. You guys planning on doing an ARC-8R fitment for this platform? Same fitment as above, 17x9 et42 square, just the ARC8-R wheel

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti

2016 MK7 Golf R

Wheels:

17x9" ET42 SM-10s in Anthracite

Tires:
255/40-17 Continental Extreme Contact Sports

Bilstein B16
Superpro Camber Plates
Fender Screw Mod
-2.5 degrees front camber and -1.6 degrees rear camber
more info on studs and lug nuts on this R?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
The fitment is perfect but I just don't like the face of the wheel. You guys planning on doing an ARC-8R fitment for this platform? Same fitment as above, 17x9 et42 square, just the ARC8-R wheel

No plans for an ARC-8R forged wheel at this time, but we do intend to release a VW forged wheel in the same fitments as our current flow formed SM-10s later down the line. However, the design for the new VW forged wheel has yet to be determined, as we have a few new wheel styles currently in the works. Stay tuned!

more info on studs and lug nuts on this R?

I am unsure as to what specific stud conversion kit this car is running. However, we are planning to introduce our own APEX VW stud conversion kits to our catalog by the end of this year. Keep an eye out for these to be available in the coming months!

-Geirsen

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
No plans for an ARC-8R forged wheel at this time, but we do intend to release a VW forged wheel in the same fitments as our current flow formed SM-10s later down the line. However, the design for the new VW forged wheel has yet to be determined, as we have a few new wheel styles currently in the works. Stay tuned!

I am unsure as to what specific stud conversion kit this car is running. However, we are planning to introduce our own APEX VW stud conversion kits to our catalog by the end of this year. Keep an eye out for these to be available in the coming months!

-Geirsen
hopefully this kit won't rust like the ECS stud conversion!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Geirsen / @APEXWheels , I think you've already mentioned this, but what color choices are you leaning towards for forged wheels, or are you that far along yet? Gold or brushed would both make me happy, if that's on your list of things to achieve. I'm leaning towards black for a Mk8 Golf R and would need to immediately jettison the stock black wheels, just a look I don't like.

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Geirsen / @APEXWheels , I think you've already mentioned this, but what color choices are you leaning towards for forged wheels, or are you that far along yet? Gold or brushed would both make me happy, if that's on your list of things to achieve. I'm leaning towards black for a Mk8 Golf R and would need to immediately jettison the stock black wheels, just a look I don't like.
It's still a bit early for anything to be set in stone but we are definitely looking into offering some of our more popular special forged-only finishes at launch.

On the note of the MK8 chassis, we just had a chance to do some fitment testing on a UK based car. We will be posting the photoshoot within the next few days, so keep an eye out!

*spoiler alert* The MK8 looks amazing with SM-10s. :cool:

-Geirsen

bellamor

Car(s)
2015 Volkswagen Golf
The bronze wheels made this car look great. There's nothing special about the design. A lot of rim manufacturers like Vision wheels have the same pattern. At first, I thought that this was the Bane model but it's not.

Last edited: