GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2011 GTI
APR claims 340whp/360wtq for their Stage 1 Mk7 R tune. That's bananas!! I'm very jealous of the gen3 TSI engines.
I really regret not getting a mk7. Had I known how much better the platform was I woulda waited. But then again I wouldn't have had the displeasure of getting to know everyone here if I had :iono:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
APR claims 340whp/360wtq for their Stage 1 Mk7 R tune. That's bananas!! I'm very jealous of the gen3 TSI engines.

I think I underestimated how quick that really is. He said he was at about 380 hp on the low torque tune. I don't think I've ever sat in anything that quick though, and I know I've definitely never launched in anything that quick. I even had little butterflies during the launch. My buddy had a 2011 m3, that was probably the fastest car I've sat in for a while and I've got a feeling a stock mk7 R might be able to take one.

I've had my mk6 for a little over 6 years though, so I was kind of ready to move on. I didn't need to, but I got really excited over the new car. I've been telling myself my next car was going to be a mk8 gti, and it took me a while to think of this I feel like, but then it was just like well why I don't get a used R instead. I made the right choice after experiencing those 2 launches though lol

:burnrubber:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Dude I had some guy in a R a couple years older than mine take me for a couple launches this weekend. That shit is insane and I can't believe my car can be that fast with just a stage 2. Those G forces...it's like a little roller coaster on demand.

Still think I'll just stick to stage 1, but I might be a little more motivated to do it sooner now.

is... is this the "cool story bro" thread now?

kidding.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
the mk8 GTI with 2.0T will allegedly have 325bhp
That's dummy thicc. What's the R gonna have, 570bhp? Gotta make it worth upgrading to.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Screenshot_20191107-103836~2.png

Relatable.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
to my knowledge the mk8 golf r figured have not dropped for the 2020 MY.
I heard a rumor of a Golf R "Plus" which would have 380-400hp. Things are getting spicy.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Being from TX be like
Screenshot_20191105-220522~2.png

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Now we can embed! I am still missing Tapatalk, but XenForo really has much more desktop functionality than vBulletin.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Just watched Ford v. Ferrari; excellent movie. Has anyone else seen it?

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Just watched Ford v. Ferrari; excellent movie. Has anyone else seen it?

Yes! Just saw it last night, really well done. I don't usually like Matt Damon, but he played a good role in this movie. (Very subtle spoiler ahead) The ending was pretty frustrating how it just leaves it at that without anything further, but It is still a solid way to close out the movie.

I just think one of the coolest characteristics of the movie was that the vast majority of the shots were real. From what I've gathered, all of the crashes were real with no CG effects at all.

(New to this thread, subbed for memes.)

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Just a heads up, the new XenForo text editor lets you use actual, embedded spoiler fields! It's in the little three-dot option button next to the emoji selector.

Yeah, the camera work during the races was exceptionally good. It really helps that they were all real cars! Very good insight into the stresses and reality of building a car with a strict time limit.