Mk6 GTI
Sushi? Gross af. Haven’t tried and won’t be willing to. Iono

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet Brad would house the shit out of sushi

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Sushi is one of the best things. I even love the "gross" ones; sea urchin, eel, salmon roe, etc.
Fresh fish like that is a godsend. I pretty much only eat the raw stuff - nigiri or sashimi. Rolls can be good, but not my go-to.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah the non pretzel type
i can get on board with this
Sushi? Gross af. Haven’t tried and won’t be willing to. Iono
gotta start you easy into sushi with some california rolls, then some cooked shrimp rolls, then spicy tuna etc
Subtitle: why what you like is wrong or needs lots of hot sauce
im eating pizza with hot sauce right meow
I bet Brad would house the shit out of sushi
brad is cool
Sushi is one of the best things. I even love the "gross" ones; sea urchin, eel, salmon roe, etc.
Fresh fish like that is a godsend. I pretty much only eat the raw stuff - nigiri or sashimi. Rolls can be good, but not my go-to.
i dont care for eel that much cause its kind of chewy but yeah i definitely could put down a crap ton of tuna, salmon rolls/sashimi

Fun fact: youve probably never had real wasabi. its largely (even in asian countries) just mustard paste thats colored green. Real wasabi is highly expensive.

in4sushilunchdatewithtorga we'll get some rolls, maybe a tall sapporo and finish with some mochi ice cream :wub:

....das you can come too we'll get you one of those japanese sprite drinks where you push the glass ball down into the bottle. you can sit at the hibachi table while they make your cooked food. iono
Wow yeah. That brad. What a guy
i like brad, good vibes from that guy

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
i dont care for eel that much cause its kind of chewy but yeah i definitely could put down a crap ton of tuna, salmon rolls/sashimi

Fun fact: youve probably never had real wasabi. its largely (even in asian countries) just mustard paste thats colored green. Real wasabi is highly expensive.

in4sushilunchdatewithtorga we'll get some rolls, maybe a tall sapporo and finish with some mochi ice cream :wub:
Gotta go somewhere with good eel; it's not supposed to be chewy.
Yeah, it's usually just dyed horseradish at most places. But I have had actual wasabi, in Japan. The chef ground the root right in front of me at the counter - said I had to eat it fast or it would lose its flavor. And that's why most places use the horseradish; it keeps A LOT longer.
Real wasabi doesn't burn as much in the nose and is a bit more floral and really subtly sweet.
Time and a place? I will slam down those Sapporo.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Gotta go somewhere with good eel; it's not supposed to be chewy.
Yeah, it's usually just dyed horseradish at most places. But I have had actual wasabi, in Japan. The chef ground the root right in front of me at the counter - said I had to eat it fast or it would lose its flavor. And that's why most places use the horseradish; it keeps A LOT longer.
Real wasabi doesn't burn as much in the nose and is a bit more floral and really subtly sweet.
Time and a place? I will slam down those Sapporo.

oh wow a traveling man , not bad. Actually tried real wasabi 10/10

yeah i guess ive never had good unagi then, that or im thinking of squid or something else.

i forgot you like anime, going to japan makes sense now.

They got some crazy fish snacks out there in japan, like shrimp flavored potato chips and what not.

Love Sapporo with my sushi ... in honor of respecting cultures traditions i have tried hot sake...its just not for me. (tried a flight with 4 different types as well)

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
oh wow a traveling man , not bad. Actually tried real wasabi 10/10

yeah i guess ive never had good unagi then, that or im thinking of squid or something else.

i forgot you like anime, going to japan makes sense now.

They got some crazy fish snacks out there in japan, like shrimp flavored potato chips and what not.

Love Sapporo with my sushi ... in honor of respecting cultures traditions i have tried hot sake...its just not for me. (tried a flight with 4 different types as well)
Yeah, squid and octopus can be pretty chewy if not the right cut or not prepared correctly. Eel/unagi is usually pretty toothsome, also one of the only cooked proteins for sushi.
I've had some of those chips, they have prawn, shrimp, lobster and fish flavor. I'm sure a lot more, these are just the ones I found at a local Asian market. They're actually not bad, but your breath will kill people for a few hours.
I like hot and cold sake, but it's not something I'm wild about. If someone gets it for the table, I'm in. I'm much more into beer and whiskey.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah, squid and octopus can be pretty chewy if not the right cut or not prepared correctly. Eel/unagi is usually pretty toothsome, also one of the only cooked proteins for sushi.
I've had some of those chips, they have prawn, shrimp, lobster and fish flavor. I'm sure a lot more, these are just the ones I found at a local Asian market. They're actually not bad, but your breath will kill people for a few hours.
I like hot and cold sake, but it's not something I'm wild about. If someone gets it for the table, I'm in. I'm much more into beer and whiskey.

Gross breath yeah no thanks

Im assuming you learned japanese from Hannah Minx? :iono:

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI