GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Oettinger Fmic.......

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Ride
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Aren't the GTI's supplied to South Africa different in having 'extra' cooling methods which are built-in at the VW factory and not moddable?

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Ride
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
oettinger also use the Carbonio (debadged) carbonfibre intake as their own on their modified A3 Sportline. Tut-tut :frown:

Sp00nman

Dubhead Extraordinaire
Ride
Golf MKV GTI
Aren't the GTI's supplied to South Africa different in having 'extra' cooling methods which are built-in at the VW factory and not moddable?
Nope our cars is SA are specced with exactly the same cooler as the Euro spec GTI's, though i have read somewhere about the cars bound for the middle east having a slightly differeant cooling system layout, not sure of the details though.

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Ride
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Nope our cars is SA are specced with exactly the same cooler as the Euro spec GTI's, though i have read somewhere about the cars bound for the middle east having a slightly differeant cooling system layout, not sure of the details though.
....We have the same info except that I lumped SA in with The Middle East.

:thumbsup:

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Ride
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
....came across some info by chance - Hot Climate Specification from VW includes an extra radiator in front of the wheel arch.

HTH

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Audi S3
The above mentioned IC seems to be just another S3 IC, like the one B&B is selling as "its own" for ~1000 Euro....

Smart huh ?

Thing is, the Oettinger FMIC will be sold for roughly $680...so just wondering if its worth the money. Are there any significant gains?

GolfRS

Banned
Thing is, the Oettinger FMIC will be sold for roughly $680...so just wondering if its worth the money. Are there any significant gains?
Well if it IS in fact the same as the B&B FMIC, and both the same as the S3 FMIC, then i don't see the reason to buy from Oettinger and not from your dealer...

The S3 FMIC is a decent solution, may provide an extra 10-15% cooling, but my perspective is when you buy something "for the life of the car", you might as well go the extra mile and get THE BEST.

The FMIC is a part you probably won't touch again till you change car.

For one, i'm going either APR (or any other bigger OEM placed IC) or Forge.

Forge UK

Ready to race!
Ride
Golf V TFSI
We have a reputable tuner in Europe who is " disapointed "with the OEM S3 intercooler and we are working on a Twintercooler to run in line with the S3 .

I can also confirm our Forge Tintercooler will fit on the HC extra rad cars ... we have sevaral in Oman , and Dubai

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@APR
yes, fortunately it does so you don't have to trim your bumper or suffer a less efficient design that either eliminates the oem core and you result in less surface area with one behind the bumper or you integrate a behind the bumper core with your oem core and result in large amounts of pressure drop. replacing the oem core is the ONLY way to acheive proper cooling efficiency at higher hp levels such as our stage 3 that is soon to be released. other designs work ok for oem turbos but won't support a b.t. at all.

Link to FMIC for Experts: http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18742&page=6&highlight=FMIC

Mike@Forge

Go Kart Champion
Ride
07 BMP GTI Pkg 0
Care to elaborate ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
A tuner who owns and has been testing with an S3 has been less than pleased with the performance of the stock intercooler on said application.

We are working closely with him to develop the S3-specific TWINtercooler kit at his initial request.

While larger than the standard 2.0T FSI unit, it is still poorly placed on the S3 application and it is comparatively overwhelmed by the extra boost pressure, heat, and volume of airflow required by the S3, when stock as well as chipped.

Similar if not slightly higher gains should result in comparison to our existing TWINtercooler kit.

12 Horsepower
7 lb-ft of Torque

Last edited: