GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM Rack & Bike Carrier / Bicycle Holder.. Tire size question?

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
So i just installed the bicycle holder aka barracuda holder or whatever its called..

My mtn bike has 26x 2.1 tires and it wont fit even though it says fitment is 2.2 or 56mm :rolleyes:

anyways so i want to get the bike carrier (fork attachment) then. looking at te rear it doesnt specify size but has a note saying some larger downhill mtn bike tires may not fit.

Accepts bikes with disc brakes. Bicycle holder for fork attachment. Fits All with Basic Carrier Bars. Bike Holder dimensions: 1320 x 85 x 130 mm / weight: 2.8 kg Fits up to 3 racks (2 forward, 1 rear facing). NOTE: The holding strap may not fit some of the largest downhill race tire sizes.

So my question is, does anyone with 2.1" wide mtn bike tires have any problems with the oem fork bike holder. :iono:

cw-vw-gti

Mazdaspeeder
Car(s)
08 Mazdaspeed3
thats odd as 2.1 is the standard size. My old bike was 29" and 2.5 and i just ended up using a fork mount

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i got it to jam in, but i found releasing some air from the front tire helped. just always have to pump it back up before i ride.

Wrath627

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 MKV GTI
does anyone know if you can get replacement keys for the barracuda rack? i picked them up second hand, but key is lost