GOLFMKV

OEM Open Air Vents - Group Buy!!

moguzhan

Drag Racer
Car(s)
Jetta 07
Tmtuning sells in Euro now!!!

Tmtuning: $114EURO delivered
Ecstuning: $119.73US delivered (now to see if they will ship US Postal) for cheaper delivery costs
OEM.PL: $99US delivered or $139US delivered express

Volkswagen Essendon: $35 each grill (not open). (unconfirmed because he had no idea which part it was)

Last edited:

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Tmtuning sells in Euro now!!!

Tmtuning: $114EURO delivered
Ecstuning: $119.73US delivered (now to see if they will ship US Postal) for cheaper delivery costs
OEM.PL: $99US delivered or $139US delivered express

Volkswagen Essendon: $35 each grill (not open).

Its was only a matter of time before TM tuning had to move away from the US dollar. They hadnt adjusted their pricing in a long time and must have been taking a hit with the weak USD.

moguzhan

Drag Racer
Car(s)
Jetta 07
Anyone have a pair of "CLOSED" vents?
Also, does anyone know the Part No.? VW Parts has no clue...

Im really looking for the right side only but will buy a pair if must.

If not, which dealer has the biggest stock range?? Looking at purchasing on the spot, and not having it "ordered" in.

rennenhaus.com.au

that guy with the VW.....
Car(s)
mk5 r32
i've had a chat with TM over several emails....

at the end of the day, it looks like you'll be better of going direct! i'll get nailed on GST and such when it enters the country, whist you going direct will avoid that

sorry i can't be of more assistance!

cheers - ian

Stevo69

Datto Racer
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTi
Thats fine Ian thanks for trying. Prior to the group buy coming about the guys at TM gave me a price of $55.00 to my door in Melbourne. If that helps anyone. So around $20 for postage.

oddride

Passed Driver's Ed
i contacted them the other day and theyre selling as EURO now.

OEMPL is the cheapest at the moment using US postal service.
ECStuning has the product listed cheaper, but postage is a bitch and "Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we ship exclusively through UPS at this time."

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI
O.k Here we go Guys.

Ian from RENNENHAUS has kindly stepped in to lend us a hand with this Group Buy. He has an account with these guys and he offered to arrange invoicing, shipping and handling ect. to get the units to him then he would ship them to us induvidually for around $10.00 give or take. As for the postage from oversea's, we will divi that up between us.

So in a nutshell take the shipping cost from Germany to here, divide the cost amongst the number of sets bought, add $10 for shipping to your doorstep and bobs your uncle!

May the list commence!!!!

1. Stevo69

Well Bugger me... I just remembered that is one mod I have done to my car. About a week after I bought it I saw an article on Brett Lee's GTI in the VW mag, and decided it looked the shit with the open vents.... buggered if I know what they actually do, as the RHS is blocked off and the LHS one ducts air out toward the inside of the brake somewhere... but they look killer.

I shall have to change my autosig now.. as I have a mod!!! :thumbup:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
buggered if I know what they actually do, as the RHS is blocked off and the LHS one ducts air out toward the inside of the brake somewhere... but they look killer.

The RHS is there for looks, the LHS used to provide flowing air to the DSG cooler in the 2005 model, however, VW decided that the DSG heatsink was no longer needed, so they removed it as well as the open vents :mad0259:

So, if you get them and put them on, it would work well to vent the cool air to an aftermarket intake. Otherwise, it's just for looks :biggrin:

Booba

Ready to race!
Well I thought they looked the goods so ordered that along with a bunch of other stuff from tmt whilst the exchange rate was favourable and it still is mind you.

Could resist got a couple of those gti chairs as well, oem led tails, replacement keyring vw logos, sharan antenna, front grill with badge and euro plate mount.

going to order a rieger front lip and sword i reckon they look the goods and possible the rieger rear valance :) now.

Booba.

SteelHand

BlueFin enabled
Car(s)
MY08 Golf GTI
buggered if I know what they actually do, as the RHS is blocked off and the LHS one ducts air out toward the inside of the brake somewhere...

You can take the blocking plate off the RHS one, it is only clipped in, same with the LHS duct. I have them on mine, i prefer the look to the solid ones.

SteelHand

Donald32

Backseat Driver
Why is it not fully open rather than a squared out area? Would look neater with the rest of the open grill.

open%20intake.jpg

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
yay they finally arrived today! made my day as im rather ill today :frown:

Attachments

• 14042008.jpg
    14042008.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 255

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
FOR FUCKS SAKE!!

TM TUNING SENT ME 2 RIGHT HAND SIDED AIR VENTS!!!! :mad: :mad:

did i also mention they were supposed to arrive on the 31st of March not the 14th of April?

Attachments

• OEMGRILL.jpg
    OEMGRILL.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 228
Last edited: