GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Odd 7.5 euro tail behavior

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I got my Euro 7.5 lights from him for my 7.5 R with his harness. What I did was connect everything up and do the coding to test everything before I started pulling apart the trunk to run the cables in their permanent spots. Everything worked as should on my set.
My install went smoothly as well -- instructions with the harness, fish tape was very useful (I used the nylon stuff and a ton of masking tape to protect the connectors/keep the wire held while running). Smart move to test everything beforehand, I was concerned about the install (I really dislike removing interior panels) but it was far easier than I had expected, and the harness makes it super easy to do. Trim tools made it slightly easier, though honestly I barely needed anything aside from using them to 'start' the panels, and to remove a clip that stayed in the sheet metal rather than coming out with the panel.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Sorry to double-post, but I've found that my right turn signal isn't sending signal, but the left does 4 ways (and all four work just fine) -- I think it's something in coding, but I'm not familiar with how coding works -- I'll attach the coding I followed. Original values are in pencil off to the side, because some of them deviated from the printed ones. I did also do the coding to make the dynamic tail light blink, I'll have to find that coding as well but I don't believe that's the culprit -- I'll post it once I find it. I'm planning to roll back the coding first and see if I get the same behavior.

Attachments

• 20210504_233904.jpg
    20210504_233904.jpg
    481.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20210504_233912.jpg
    20210504_233912.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Lichtfunktion A16 needs to be at „Blinken RECHTS Hellphase“. I guess you have it set to „Blinken links Hellphase“ currently. Rechts= Right, Links=Left

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Lichtfunktion A16 needs to be at „Blinken RECHTS Hellphase“. I guess you have it set to „Blinken links Hellphase“ currently. Rechts= Right, Links=Left
Thanks! I'll check this when I get to a computer/VCDS.

Edit: Worked like a charm, thank you!

Last edited: