GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 Spacer Help/Advice please...

CharliesGTI'09

Lovin' my V-Dub
Car(s)
09' Candy white GTI
hey guys, any advice would really help at this point..bought a 42 dd o2 spacer for my 09 tsi gti....does the direction in which you place the angle matter?? i installed my 42 dd spacer and the angle is in the same direction as the flow of exhaust..as in the 90 degree angle is pointing to the end of the car...went to autozone n cleared the code, drove about 40 miles and the light is back on?? any advice, should i change the angle to where the 90 degree angle is pointing towards the front of the car?? should i back the spacer out a bit from the cat??? please help...appreciate any ideas, all are welcome

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
It really don't matter id think cuz either way it went it down change the length amount if it stays the same no matter what if which way you'd put it. I had mine facing forward when u used it. Pick up state 2 tune and that will eliminate it all.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes it will as i have seen others change the direction and fix their cel. The 42dd is even nicer in that the washer nuts they include allows you to get the o2 further out of the stream. The rear O2 i looking for a flow variance so any extra turbulence you create can help with that. I have my 42dd spacer facing the font of the vehicle and had no cel. My thinking was that now the exhaust flow has to go the opposite direction to get to the sensor when its facing the front. If its facing the rear its still going in the same direction as the rest of the exhaust flow. Cant hurt to try since you have the spacer already and every tune is different and some might not eliminate the cel.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
^^^^ Never thought of it like that. good info. I web I would've tried that but went and got tuned for the dp instead lol

CharliesGTI'09

Lovin' my V-Dub
Car(s)
09' Candy white GTI
thanks guy for the help, really appreciate it

@vegasgti... did your CEL turn off by itself or did you have to clear it? if you cleared it, did you use a vag-com or autozone/advanced auto usb tool?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
thanks guy for the help, really appreciate it

@vegasgti... did your CEL turn off by itself or did you have to clear it? if you cleared it, did you use a vag-com or autozone/advanced auto usb tool?

It came on because it took a few days from when i received my dp until i got the spacer. I used my vag com to clear the code.

would using the autozone obd 2 scanner be any different than using vagcom to clear codes? i work at autozone so when i had a moment i went to my car and cleared my check engine light.

CharliesGTI'09

Lovin' my V-Dub
Car(s)
09' Candy white GTI
@bartekpl219.....that is what i have been using to try to clear the code but it came back on again after i installed the 42 dd spacer, so you got me, vag-com might clear it all the way and the autozone usb might just be clearing it for a little while...so i dont know, im still trying to figure this out...good luck as well

@bartekpl219.....that is what i have been using to try to clear the code but it came back on again after i installed the 42 dd spacer, so you got me, vag-com might clear it all the way and the autozone usb might just be clearing it for a little while...so i dont know, im still trying to figure this out...good luck as well

i have the "rear 02 sensor heater circuit malfunction" code", so right now i'm probably looking to get a new 02; i only cleared the code because i wanted to see if the autozone scanner will clear it; because i gotta go to the dealer soon for a mechatronic replacement and i dont want them to see the light; lol so now since i know it will clear it, if the light comes back on on the way to the dealer, i'll stop by any autozone and say "hey lemme use your scanner, i know how to use it cuz i work at a different store". lol :biggrin: my genious plan hahahaha.... but yea probably gonna get a new 02 sensor after the winter is over