GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 sensor help pls

ACE2

Ready to race!
Anybody have any tips on removing the pre cat O2 sensor on a 2016 PP gti? I'm trying to install an DP but it involves taking the O2 sensor out first to remove a bolt hiding behind it...I've had no luck after hours of trying. Any suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated!...also well I'm asking that, has anyone ever taken the heat shield off that connects to the DP as instructions say too. My problem is that I have stuff in the way so I can't access them but in every video I've seen there no other parts in the way their..guessing they are not installing on a PP GTI

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RJ_infinite

Ready to race!
I personally just twisted and maneuvered the stock downpipe out and pulled it until it finally popped out. My new downpipe was a breeze to put back in even with the heat shield still on. However I dont have an LSD so that may be a tiny bit different.

I dont quite understand what you mean about tye O2 sensor though. You can always unplug it and undo it from the clips to pull it out with the downpipe. Or use a 22mm open end wrench to just unscrew it from the downpipe.

ACE2

Ready to race!
I personally just twisted and maneuvered the stock downpipe out and pulled it until it finally popped out. My new downpipe was a breeze to put back in even with the heat shield still on. However I dont have an LSD so that may be a tiny bit different.

I dont quite understand what you mean about tye O2 sensor though. You can always unplug it and undo it from the clips to pull it out with the downpipe. Or use a 22mm open end wrench to just unscrew it from the downpipe.
Sorry for late response. I finally got it out last Friday and installed my turbo back exhaust...the o2 sensor ws blocking a bolt that connected the DP to heatshield that needed to come off to fully unbolt DP. It just took a lot of effort from 2 people and a few hours to finally unscrew that sensor to reach the bolt...for some reason I couldn't loosen the bolt with any of the tools and extensions I had at the time

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk