GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

nys tint

B

BLKSUNSHINE

What percentage does everyone agree on that will still look good, and stay safe from tickets in new york? honestly.. lets get to the bottom of this. lol

tricky713

Ready to race!
well since i dont wanna get tickets all the time, when i get my car i think imma gunna do the front 45-50% and the back and rear window 35%. I know the reasoning that tint in ny should be so light is so cops can see what u are doing if u get pulled over so i figure if u go lighter in the front they will feel safer.

I am from Long Island, I have 35% on my car. I have not had any problems at all with it, however my friend has 20% and he has been pulled over twice already.

zypheri

Ready to race!
I have 4 tint tickets so far, with 20% all around. If I get 2 more I'm going to take them off. I feel like a cop-target when I drive on 287 to and from school.

GarsamD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
I'm from New York and i have the same situation. I have the stock tints and i'm looking forward to going darker. I was thinking 30s in the front and 20s in the rear. Thats what everyone else has been telling me.

Phillyblunt B6

Ready to race!
Car(s)
B6
i have 20 all around and only got a ticket when at the races in nassau at dave and busters. cop was being a dick though and checking everything since he knew what was up. checked my hid's tail light tints and the whole 9 yards. the ticket for the tints was because it was below 70% so that is the nys law for tints. when he put the reader on my window it read 19% i continnued to argue with the cop considering he was being a dick so why shouldnt i. i was telling him hes wrong and the machines broken there is no such thing as 19% tints lol

white4dr

The Stig
I have 35's and haven't been pulled over for tints. Most cops don't really even notice. I got a tint ticket instead of a speeding ticket but I don't think that counts.

My friend also has a white mkv and he has 20's. He constantly gets eyed up by cops and has been pulled over for them.

scottch-awe

i lived in NY for 3 years, had tint 35% and DID get a crap about it from cops - pulled over > ticket.
but NY is still better than CA where I live now, cos 88% for California is PRETTY FAR too strict! dunno understand CA tint law.. WHY LIKE THIS!