GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

nys tint

tricky713

Ready to race!
i no that the legal tint for nys is 70% which is complete bs cause thats not even really a tint. But what percentage do u guys from ny have. Have u guys had problems with cops or do they leave u alone.

thanks

blackgti06

"My Fast"
Car(s)
2006 MKV Gti
r u sure its 70% u prob got it mix up u mean 30%. I think the car comes stock with 70% lol

tricky713

Ready to race!
r u sure its 70% u prob got it mix up u mean 30%. I think the car comes stock with 70% lol

yea ny dmv is pretty retarded :evil: . 70% front and back anything darker is illegal.The rear window can be anything. but i was wondering if anyone from ny had darker and if they encountered problems with po po 5-0

B

BLKSUNSHINE

Hey Tricky, I'm from the island, I have an 07 coming in this july, and my dealer, out east in riverhead said they will tint any percentage. They had told me that 35% no problems.. were did you get the 70percent from?

michaelmark5

MOREFIRE!
Car(s)
MKV's

3 tickets for tints this past summer

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Hey Tricky, I'm from the island, I have an 07 coming in this july, and my dealer, out east in riverhead said they will tint any percentage. They had told me that 35% no problems.. were did you get the 70percent from?

Tint shops and dealers will put on any tint. There are no laws saying that dark tint may not be applied. Its just that cars on the street can not have dark tint. Its a loop hole. The dealer could give a shit less about you and your tints. Once he sells you the car, he's done. Plus, carefull with dealers installing tint, usually they SUCK and they WAY overcharge. Go to a window tinting place.

tricky713

Ready to race!

cool im getting a rabbit or gti this summer too prob the rabbit since it will be my first car. Yea u can get any tint u want but its not legal. I got the 70% from the nys dmv website and also in that link posted above it says it too. I have some family friends that are cops and they say they dont write too many tint tickets unless u are violating another law (speeding, no seat belt ect.) I will probably tint darker then legal but stay above 35% cause that is real noticable.

In my RSX I got pulled for 35%. They seem to only go for the ricers so keep your car clean, don't do anything stupid and you should be fine. If you're really worried don't do it. I personally love the stock blue tint on the white.

tuddy

4 8 15 16 23 42
Ive had my run ins and problems with NY cops. Odds are you wont get pulled over for tints. But once you do get pulled over, you better believe that you're gonna have another ticket tacked on.