GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NY Auto Show

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Got me a GTI DVD boys and girls! It's funny as hell, now I can show other people easier than having to d/l it. You know what ticks me off though. They had a Passat 2.0T with the new body kit on it (ie. R-GT Inspired). It looked gorgeous. Unfortunately it was unpainted flat plastic, and the idiot that I was today didn't snap a picture. So if anyone else is going, it's in the hallway downstairs in the middle all by itself. It's Silver. If anyone gets a chance, snap some shots! Thanks!

:burnrubber:

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Car(s)
Nothing
pinkfl2511 said:
Got me a GTI DVD boys and girls! It's funny as hell, now I can show other people easier than having to d/l it. You know what ticks me off though. They had a Passat 2.0T with the new body kit on it (ie. R-GT Inspired). It looked gorgeous. Unfortunately it was unpainted flat plastic, and the idiot that I was today didn't snap a picture. So if anyone else is going, it's in the hallway downstairs in the middle all by itself. It's Silver. If anyone gets a chance, snap some shots! Thanks!

Yea I saw that, it was sweet as hell, I did a double take when I saw that. Hey I didnt know they were giving out GTI DVDs there, damn!!!!!!!!! Does it have the TV commercials on it, or other new stuff ?

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Is anyone feeling generous enough to obtain one on behalf of an Australian member??

We don't get the Fast down here, or the DVD when you buy a GTI, so I'd love a copy if they're giving them away...

I'm happy to pay for postage as well as a small finders fee to anyone who can send me one. If you can, send me a PM.

Cheers :thumbsup:

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
That's assuming they are indeed the same DVD...and they probably are. Anyone know for sure if there's a difference? I'll pick up whatever is there Saturday and let you know if nobody can tell until then.

Otherwise, I should be able to get multiples of whatever they have.

Let me know if there's interest.

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
No, unfortunately there was no 5 Door GTI's there. There wasn't even a Passat really, except for the wagon and the sedan in the hallway. I was kind of dissapointed with the VW display. Not much there. They had lots of DVD's, so pick up a couple whoever is going. As for the DVD contents, it's basically about 5-10 minutes more stuff than what they copied from it and posted on here. The little side features (ie. Engine, Steering, etc..) are funny as hell and you should watch those, especially the Oh Sh*t handles! LOL I was rolling when I played that one.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
pinkfl2511 said:
especially the Oh Sh*t handles!
Yes, that is a funny bit. Oh well, bad news about the 5 door, I'd love to see one in person since that's what I'm after. I'll try and grab multiples of the DVD when I'm there Saturday, so anyone who want's one, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

-M

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if they'll start doing the kits for the Jetta and Golf too...

The roll cage doesn't do much for the interior ambience... :biggrin:

HPA replaced the base 2.5-liter engine with a twin-turbocharged, twin-intercooled, 550-horsepower variant of VW’s 3.2-liter, 240-horsepower six-cylinder V6 that powers the R32. To ensure that every bit of the torque gets to the ground in the most entertaining way possible, HPA fit VW’s highly acclaimed DSG twin-clutch transmission and 4MOTION all-wheel drive, both systems suitably modified by HPA to complement the engine’s bravura performance. A KW FIA GT 3-way coil-over race suspension and WRC-spec Brembo brake system were also installed to help harness the forces unleashed by the twin-turbo V6.

dwl137

Touring Car Champion
Who cares about the body kit after reading this:

HPA replaced the base 2.5-liter engine with a twin-turbocharged, twin-intercooled, 550-horsepower variant of VW’s 3.2-liter, 240-horsepower six-cylinder V6 that powers the R32. To ensure that every bit of the torque gets to the ground in the most entertaining way possible, HPA fit VW’s highly acclaimed DSG twin-clutch transmission and 4MOTION all-wheel drive, both systems suitably modified by HPA to complement the engine’s bravura performance. A KW FIA GT 3-way coil-over race suspension and WRC-spec Brembo brake system were also installed to help harness the forces unleashed by the twin-turbo V6.
:evil:

I love the DVD. about a week before i got my car i went to a dealer just asked for a brochure and the guy walked away and came back with the DVD. Yeah, definately the part about the "oh sh*t" handles and then part where the "scientist" asks the 3 people think their inner fast comes from. the first guy says his right foot (which i thought was so true) but then the second guy motions towards his crotch and make a wierd sound... i was laughing my a** off.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
I'll take pics of the Passat etc. and post them after I go Saturday. The picture on the above link was simply of the SEMA concept which the body kit is based on. I have a feeling it is not identical however. As I said, pics to follow my visit to NY.