GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not just your regular misfire thread, save me from the parts lottery!

Caymanjp

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 3DR Golf GTI
Hi everyone. I have an 08 Manual FSI GTI

I took my car to my local shop about 2 months ago because my car suddenly developed a really bad misfire on all cylinders. We started with plugs and coils which made no change, we followed with a new set of injectors which once again did not fix my issue. Following that was a new PCV system and High pressure fuel pump. We also replaced the MAF for good measure.The car still had a misfire and the shop could have sworn it would be the ECU. Got a new ECU and the car seems to be more driveable now but nowhere near to normal! Still a random misfire on all cylinders on idle and acceleration. The car has been checked for vacuum leaks, compression is good and engine is in time. No other codes other than random cylinder misfire. The shop is ready to give up and honestly so am I! Help me save my GTI!

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
These weren't mentioned and cost nothing for parts;
Tighten the two knock sensors; G61 and G66 to 20Nm.
Clean the intake valves and inlet ports properly and thoroughly.
What is the part number for the injectors which were installed?

We can only take your word, or if these are the words of the shop, that; "The car has been checked for vacuum leaks, compression is good and engine is in time."

And how do you know the engine is in time? What are the values shown in MB 091 fields 3 and 4?

Check it this way for inlet air leaks....post MAF;