GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

North Carolina and South Carolina post it up.

ViSioNiiZe

Good Looks
Car(s)
MKV GTi 5Dr HB
Anybody around the triad area know how to fix my stupid head lights? I'm tired of it auto adjusting while I'm driving down the road. Don't really know what is up with the sensors.

scGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've recently moved to NC. I have 15% tint on my windows. Anyone know a shop around the Triangle area that will pass my car for inspection without me having to remove my tint?

berndonfat

Ready to race!
So I've recently moved to NC. I have 15% tint on my windows. Anyone know a shop around the Triangle area that will pass my car for inspection without me having to remove my tint?

best bet is go from place to place and just ask. worst case scenario roll down your windows and tell them not to roll them up because there is a wiring problem. pull the vw reliability card. Coming from an NC state inspector i appreciate it when people give me a heads up on tint or anything. makes me feel better about helping people out

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
best bet is go from place to place and just ask. worst case scenario roll down your windows and tell them not to roll them up because there is a wiring problem. pull the vw reliability card. Coming from an NC state inspector i appreciate it when people give me a heads up on tint or anything. makes me feel better about helping people out

^ this. and you don't pay the shop until you pass- don't let them tell you otherwise. Try the quick lube places, usually young kids that look the other way. The wifey has 15% on the Altima from when we lived in Tampa- 3 years and it has passed each time. G/L!

berndonfat

Ready to race!
^ this. and you don't pay the shop until you pass- don't let them tell you otherwise. Try the quick lube places, usually young kids that look the other way. The wifey has 15% on the Altima from when we lived in Tampa- 3 years and it has passed each time. G/L!

false though on the pay till you pass. you technically have to pay the shop for the service of "inspecting" your car. pass or fail its 23.75 for labor and 6.25 for the EI sticker. some will let you swing on it depending on what it fails for. if its emissions related than its past the point of them helping you but if its safety related ( lights, tires , tint ) they can help you out but they are bot obligated or legally suppose to

tampa_mk5

zungguzungguguzungguzeng
Car(s)
false though on the pay till you pass. you technically have to pay the shop for the service of "inspecting" your car. pass or fail its 23.75 for labor and 6.25 for the EI sticker. some will let you swing on it depending on what it fails for. if its emissions related than its past the point of them helping you but if its safety related ( lights, tires , tint ) they can help you out but they are bot obligated or legally suppose to

hmm... Maybe different outside of RDU? My first year I moved up my Tacoma had a crack in the windshield about 3 inches long. The shop wouldn't pass it because of the location of the crack (at the roof line) but when I went to pay they told me to come back after it was fixed (no charge then). The guy told me that you don't pay unless you pass, same thing happened when i went stage 2 with the gti and the "o2 sensor readiness" failed. I ended up registering the gti in a county (Richmond) that doesn't require the OBDII check. Also- no EI sticker down here in either Moore or Richmond counties. We have an OBDII readiness check (make sure there are no codes emission related) in Moore county but that's it. It is all done on the computer with your VIN and when you send in your registration renewal it checks to ensure the inspection is complete. Do they sniff test up there?

BII302

Ready to race!
no sniff tests in NC. just an obd2 emissions check

Some counties don't even have that. I just have to have lights, horn, parking brake, and current registration

Sent using telepathy