GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

noob wheel spacer questions

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Hey guys,

I'm finally tackling my suspension and wheel combination, and I've decided I'm going to stick with my stock wheels for the time being. They are VW Orca's with the following specs:

Wheel diameter (in.): 17
Wheel width (in.): 7
Wheel offset (mm): 50
Wheel lug pattern (mm): 5x112
Wheel centerbore (mm): 57.1
Stock tire size: 225/45R-17
(Thanks OEM wheel thread!!)

My overall question is, can i run spacers to push them further out than they already are? If so how wide can said spacers be? What are the caveats of running these spacers? These wheels really aren't very wide, but I feel that with spacers they would look a lot better than they do now.

So what are my options, where to buy, yada yada yada.

I've searched, and didn't find anything directly related to this, so if your gonna hate......don't be a douche.

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
I always recommend measuring to see how large of a spacer you should get. It's really the most accurate way to determine the size that would suit your needs the best.

Those are 24mm more inside the fenders than our recommended specs, so if you wanted a 24mm spacer would put it right there with our recommend specs, but again you should measure to get the right spacer for your needs. :thumbsup:

dustinwark

Miesian
Car(s)
'07 VW GTI
I always recommend measuring to see how large of a spacer you should get. It's really the most accurate way to determine the size that would suit your needs the best.

Those are 24mm more inside the fenders than our recommended specs, so if you wanted a 24mm spacer would put it right there with our recommend specs, but again you should measure to get the right spacer for your needs. :thumbsup:

Listen to this man ^^^^ but don't forget longer lug bolts as well!

^24mm? Our recommended spec is 26ET?

on a 7" wheel yeah

VMRWheels

Go Kart Champion
Listen to this man ^^^^ but don't forget longer lug bolts as well!
:thumbsup:

And +1 for the longer lug bolts as well. Anything larger than like 3mm I would definitely suggest getting bolts. Some spacers even come with the bolts that are necessary though.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
I used to run 20mm spacers on my Classics(17x7 et54) with stock tires. It worked but had some slight rub in the front sometimes. It depends on how low you are also. So i´d say 15mm for you.