GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

noise on front passenger side

apollosfury

designeddwk
about a week and a half ago i started hearing a strange clink sound on the front passenger side suspension. The only way i can think to describe it is like there is something sitting on the control arm and when i hit a series of bumps it rattles. It is only on the passenger side, and only over a series of bumps. single bumps or a couple are almost always okay, but a series will cause it to happen a lot. I've checked the tightness on everything under the car i can think of that might be related, and just replaced the end links thinking they might be the culprit. the new end links definitely quieted thinks down, but that noise is still there. i mainly notice it at speeds between 25-40 mph and it doesn't seem to matter if i'm turning or going straight. It's not what i would call a clunk and you can't feel it in the car, but the noise is there. thoughts?

ohDirka

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I have the same thing happening on mine. I have no idea what it is. I was thinking it might be the subframe? I havent done the ecs spacer fix yet, but as they describe it is more of a clunk sound. My thinking it may be the subframe is it only happens in a series of bump which could cause it to make a higher frequency sound.

F108

Car(s)
'06 MKV GTI
Does it happen when you turn your steering wheel too? If it does it should be your shock bearing or it could even be the shock mount. Have it checked.