GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Satellite Radio Signal

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I just got a thing in the mail from XM saying they'd be giving me two weeks free of XM radio starting February 1st. I've had XM in the past and cancelled it about a year ago. When I scan my car with my Vag Com, I get the warning that says my tuner is not enabled/activated under the 0F-Digital Radio module.

I decided to hit the SAT button to see if it still worked, even though it hasn't been activated yet. That's when I discovered the "NO SIGNL" message, even under the preview channel. I was under the impression that it'd still pick the preview channel up even not being a current subscriber.

So, my question is, do I have a faulty satellite antenna? I don't get the 02633 error which is a short in the antenna itself.

The only error I get is this, which I believe is just a message telling you that you're not a current subscriber.

Saturday,28,January,2012,13:54:36:46054
VCDS Version: Release 11.11.2 (x64)

Address 0F: Digital Radio Labels: 8E0-035-593-XM.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 8E0 035 593 E HW: 8E0 035 593 E
Component and/or Version: SDAR XM H03 0080
Software Coding:
Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000
VCID: 2B5EB7D08A1E11B
1 Fault Found:

02635 - Tuner Not Enabled/Activated
000 - -
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 7
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 226
Mileage: 163162 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 13:28:41

I will know on February 1st for sure if it'll pick up the channels, but I'm hoping XM/Sirius just changed the policy to not be able to pick anything up until you're a subscriber.

Any thoughts?

This is the short code, but this is from this thread, not from my car:

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?4508301

02633 - Antenna for Satellite Tuner
011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00101011
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 202
Time Indication: 0

Here's the satellite antenna short, that I'm not getting.

Attachments

• Satellite Antenna Short.PNG
    Satellite Antenna Short.PNG
    50.4 KB · Views: 2,138

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
For what it's worth, my mom's Tiguan has the silver buttoned Premium 7 (mine is the black buttoned, 06 style) with SAT, but no subscription. When I hit SAT on it, it just displays channel 000 and 184, but no sounds either. The only thing it says is "Updating" and "Call this number." Not a "NO SIGNL" message, but I'm thinking/hoping they just changed it to have no previews unless you subscribe to them.

xcrazydx

Crack Rock Fresh
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
Yeah thats the code you get when you dont currently have sat service, but I DO still get the preview channel when I select sat radio. At least I did last time I checked, but that was months ago.

Edit: Ill go check again for you

xcrazydx

Crack Rock Fresh
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
It has no sound just like tiguan. They have changed it like you suspected. You are fine!

xcrazydx

Crack Rock Fresh
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
Had the number across the screen. I have an '07 which had the sirius module, though.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
No doubt, I used to listen to the ellis show a lot. I may re-activate it. God knows they send me emails every 30 seconds with some new deal.

Yup. It used to be I'd get the activation fee waved and get it for $77 for the whole year. After this 2 week free promotion, I can get it for $25 for 6 months. I'm probably going to go for it haha.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yes, one that's not really advertised though haha. The only issue I see with that is if they ever went out of business. I mean, I guess if it happened 3 years from now, that'd be $240 at the $80 a year rate, so it'd basically pay for itself. But, if it happened before, you're SOL unless they refund you? Doubt that too.

xcrazydx

Crack Rock Fresh
Car(s)
2007 CW GTI
Yeah thats why I didn't get it. I think now that they merged they will probably be around for a while. But who knows