GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No heater ZOMG

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
It snowed here on Friday and my car was outside all day. The next morning I went to warm up my car (all the snow had melted off) and I notice my heater isnt blowing any air, at any speed. My blower motor has made noises in the past so I immedatly think that the motor is on the fritz. I immediatly scan my car and find code 01273 Fresh Air Blower Defective. I decided to take it out and see if theres anything I could fix and I immedatly notice on the foam cover in the passengers side footwell theres ice...

Well crap.

As I get to taking things apart (trim pieces, glove box ect) theres snow & ice packed in weird places. I noticed that some cover/trim piece is half on and the foam thing behind it seems to be swelled up (the thing I was looking at was my pollen filter, it was only half on.) So I take the pollen filter off and theres ice in it. The dealer was the last person to replace this so I cant wait to see how this goes over...

So my question to you folks is, if the pollen filter is only half on, can water/snow get in there? I would assume that when its properly seated it seals itself up... right?

Everything is working now that Ive taking everything apart, I just hope it stays that way...

TL;DR - pollen filter wasnt installed correctly, water/snow got into the cabin and now my heater/ac isnt blowing any air.

PICTURES!

Snow behind trim piece

Pollen Filter cover clearly not seated correctly

Filter cover with ice

Filter with ice in it

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
damn boy yous gotz some nice fingaz

on a more serious note, i'd give them hell for not properly reinstalling everything. i'm not too sure of the answer to your question, but would like an answer, because ice build up in the cabin should never happen..

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Holy hell man. How snow got all the way over to the left panel of the passenger footwell is hard to imagine. I'd give them hell on not installing the pollen filter properly though. It's like a 2 minute job and somehow the stealership messed it up.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
My blower isnt working on setting 1,2,3 as of today as well.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
damn boy yous gotz some nice fingaz

Blaha Its like 20° out and I broke my thumbnail trying to pry the panels apart :cry:

Holy hell man. How snow got all the way over to the left panel of the passenger footwell is hard to imagine. I'd give them hell on not installing the pollen filter properly though. It's like a 2 minute job and somehow the stealership messed it up.

It looks like the snow came in though the pollen filter... Ive got an appointment made for tomorrow...

My blower isnt working on setting 1,2,3 as of today as well.

Your problem sounds like a resistor issue, mine wasnt working at all, on any speed (climatronic so its a little different than yours...)

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
There still would have had to been water sucked in somewhere. Is your ecu chipped? Or is it reflashed?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
There still would have had to been water sucked in somewhere. Is your ecu chipped? Or is it reflashed?

Nope, not chipped

If you look under the rain guard that runs along the bottom of your windshield, there is a vent looking thing on the passengers side right where the pollen filter looks to be. Maybe water bypassed that rain guard and slipped past the pollen filter that wasnt all the way in...?

Thats the only scenario I can come up with...

Elwood

3-7-77
Maybe water bypassed that rain guard and slipped past the pollen filter that wasnt all the way in...?

Thats the only scenario I can come up with...
Is your car lowered? Did someone else do the work and screw up the rain guard? Is the cover still sealed at the base of the windshield? That's the only thing I can think of.