GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No beeps.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
For some reason my horns not working anymore. I changed the fuse and still nothing. It was just working the other day. Now when I push the horn in I hear just a slight click in the steering wheel. Any ideas what could be wrong?

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
damn, everything is covered up so well under the steering wheel you cant even see any wires. this is weird.

Dpham, if you see this, i remember a long time back you posted a thread about the fuses because the diagram had them labeled in the wrong slots, wonder if i changed the wrong fuse but i went by the manual.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
Does it still work for alarm confirmation when you lock the car with the remote?

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
Does it still work for alarm confirmation when you lock the car with the remote?

no, but i turned that off a couple years ago anyway. used the spare key to try that tho cause normally the spare key still makes it beep when i lock it but not now.

ATone517

What?
Same thing happened to me. I had to take off the front pass fender liner to get to the siren, then I jiggled the harness, now it works perfectly.

It might be worth it to take a peak under there.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
Same thing happened to me. I had to take off the front pass fender liner to get to the siren, then I jiggled the harness, now it works perfectly.

It might be worth it to take a peak under there.

hmm, yea thats prolly my best bet. thanks, will try that first thing tomorrow.

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
The alarm horn and regular horns are different. If you hear a click from a relay when you depress the regular horn, chances are the horns themselves behind the front bumper have failed. If there is no panic button horn,t hen there is something wrong with the alarm horn behind the right fender.

Use a test light and have somone with key on press the airbag and see if you are getting power to the horns.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
The alarm horn and regular horns are different. If you hear a click from a relay when you depress the regular horn, chances are the horns themselves behind the front bumper have failed. If there is no panic button horn,t hen there is something wrong with the alarm horn behind the right fender.

Use a test light and have somone with key on press the airbag and see if you are getting power to the horns.

test light, airbag??

yes the panic horns do still work. Wait so there are 3 horns total? i know theres at least one behind each fog lamp but never noticed a third.