GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nitro WM Injection

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
So as many know Snow Performance sells something called Nitro Booster which is basically nitromethane. Supposedly they use and emulsifier in it to suspend it in water. Some say adding plain nitro does the same thing as the water/alch will not mix with it anyways. Curious if someone with more knowledge on the Chemistry side can pitch in on this. Nitro Booster is expensive but pure Nitro is fairly cheap enough that if it can add 15-30hp it would be worth doing.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
According to Gene Adams, if you consider high-octane racing gasoline as the baseline fuel, replacing it with methanol-the best alcohol fuel-is worth a 5-to-10-percent power gain. But 80-to-90-percent nitro is worth two to three times the power of the alky.

What’s the secret? Nitromethane carries its own oxygen, so it needs much less atmospheric oxygen to burn. The theoretical ideal or stoichiometric air/fuel ratio for gasoline is 14.7:1. That means, 14.7 pounds of air are needed to burn 1 pound of gas. Methanol, which also carries oxygen, has a stoichiometric ratio of 6.45:1. But with 100 percent nitro, the ratio is 1.7:1! Because the displacement of an engine cylinder is fixed, this means-assuming 100 percent volumetric efficiency (VE)-8.7 times more nitromethane than gasoline can be burned during one combustion cycle.

All you need to know here:
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1304-what-is-nitromethane-anyway/

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
I know that side of the chemical has more oxygen but have read there are certain ways to mix it and that you can not go over 10% because it will not mix with the water. You also need to use at least a 50/50 mix but preferably 60/40 meth to water

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yup read that thread and a few others. Nothing very definitive in terms of power gains. I might try a small bottle next time about 8oz or so with a gallon and see what happens. I will have to up my meth ratio a tad as i mix by volume not weight.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Be careful, you're are literally playing with fire with nitro.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
But will it eat the carbon deposits off the intake valves?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Its pretty caustic stuff. Will def eat through your clear coat if you splash some on it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Tried a bottle of it. Mixed according to directions. Made no difference for me. Very expensive even if it had worked.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ok so not going to waste my time then. Yeah their stuff is very expensive but i can get a gallon cheap and would wind up costing about $1 a week if it was worth it.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Ok so not going to waste my time then. Yeah their stuff is very expensive but i can get a gallon cheap and would wind up costing about $1 a week if it was worth it.

According to Snow's promo that unlike the common nitromethane used by hobbyists their product contains emulsifiers that keep it suspended in 50/50 solution. Could be hype.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
According to Snow's promo that unlike the common nitromethane used by hobbyists their product contains emulsifiers that keep it suspended in 50/50 solution. Could be hype.

Supposedly but other people on other forums have their doubts as well.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I tried a bottle a gained 2"
lol
I snagged a bottle years ago and tried it out. it seemed to give an extra bit of "oompf" but I never quantified it or logged it. I would add it in whenever I was going to the track, car cruises, and my first year at sowo. Never bought another bottle.