GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NFL Thread-trash talk away

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
The fumble with Bowman wasn't really one of them. Yes in a fumble pile up, possession changes all the time under all those bodies. But there were a number of bad calls that would have been game changing:

1) Yes, 15 yarder where the hit to the head did not occur: bad call

2) 5-yard roughing the kicker on Andy Lee. Should have been a 15 yard penalty. Rule is if a defender hits the kicking leg of the kicker, its a 5 yard penalty. If the defender hits the plant leg, then it's a 15 yarder. The plant leg was definitely hit, which would have been a 15 yard penalty, which would have given the Niners a first down.

3) Ball spot. Seahawks 3rd down I believe, Lynch ran the ball and the Niners definitely stopped his forward progress well before the first down line. However, the officials marked the ball spot 2 yards past that point to give them the first down. My friends and I all saw it. What the hell was up with that!?!?

4) Intentional grounding. If I remember correctly, Wilson did this twice and no flag was thrown. He did get caught another time though.

Those were the ones that I can recall off the top of my head.

+1. Plus Bowman was simply on the ground, in possession of the football. That should have been the end of the story. Lynch's fumble rectified that call though.

dbizzle22

Go Kart Champion
Replay showed he was down with the ball in hand. Same as on offensive player would be. Why wasn't it reviewable? I couldn't hear the TV at the time and was too distraught seeing Niners star LB injury being replayed

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
The fumble with Bowman wasn't really one of them. Yes in a fumble pile up, possession changes all the time under all those bodies. But there were a number of bad calls that would have been game changing:

1) Yes, 15 yarder where the hit to the head did not occur: bad call

2) 5-yard roughing the kicker on Andy Lee. Should have been a 15 yard penalty. Rule is if a defender hits the kicking leg of the kicker, its a 5 yard penalty. If the defender hits the plant leg, then it's a 15 yarder. The plant leg was definitely hit, which would have been a 15 yard penalty, which would have given the Niners a first down.

3) Ball spot. Seahawks 3rd down I believe, Lynch ran the ball and the Niners definitely stopped his forward progress well before the first down line. However, the officials marked the ball spot 2 yards past that point to give them the first down. My friends and I all saw it. What the hell was up with that!?!?

4) Intentional grounding. If I remember correctly, Wilson did this twice and no flag was thrown. He did get caught another time though.

Those were the ones that I can recall off the top of my head.

Touché. I forgot about the kick penalty. I retract my earlier statement.

LightningRhod

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 CW GTI Autobahn
Replay showed he was down with the ball in hand. Same as on offensive player would be. Why wasn't it reviewable? I couldn't hear the TV at the time and was too distraught seeing Niners star LB injury being replayed

I think it's ruled that fumble recoveries are not reviewable. Looks like Bowman has a torn ACL. What's even more disgusting than the injury is that apparently as Bowman was being carted out, a Seahawks fan poured popcorn on him. That's absolutely disgusting if it's true, no matter what team you root for.

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Also another bad call was when either Rogers or brown lightly pushed a player out of bounds and got a personal foul. I'm a niners fan and you can say I'm bias and all, but I think that game was rigged. There was so much bullshit against the niners in that game. If the game had better officials we would have won.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Also another bad call was when either Rogers or brown lightly pushed a player out of bounds and got a personal foul. I'm a niners fan and you can say I'm bias and all, but I think that game was rigged. There was so much bullshit against the niners in that game. If the game had better officials we would have won.

Go back and watch every game up there this year, they all seem rigged to a degree. The Rams final game up there was ridiculous and the refers just started throwing flags against them because they could. Seattle isn't as good as people think they are, they just get away with a lot of sneaky shit to keep them in the games

Blake1090

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I did watch every 49ers game. Nothing seemed as bad as this especially since it is playoffs. It was a repeat of the super bowl

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
I did watch every 49ers game. Nothing seemed as bad as this especially since it is playoffs. It was a repeat of the super bowl

No, I meant go watch every Seahawks game from this years, especially the ones they played at home. They get away with so much crap that it's ridiculous.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
I don't like anyone on my favorite teams to be trash talkers. Have had many beer inspired discussions with friends over it too so I totally don't agree with you saying I would love him or his antics if he were on my team.

Would never deny a guy as skilled as he is. No doubt he's good or the best CB right now. I get it, you have to be confident to be that good in sports. But he takes it way overboard. The trash talking and gloating just rubs many people the wrong way.

And about Seattle and their 12th man fans. They threw food at Bowman as he was taken off in a cart after a really bad knee injury. 12 on the jersey = the age you make yourself look when you pull something like that.

A few things. I appreciate that you don't enjoy a trash talker on your team or any team. I've never been one for it but sometimes it's funny to hear these guys. Let's face it. Besides Russell Wilson (honestly) it's pretty hard to name a player that doesn't trash talk these days on some level. Even Tom Brady tried to talk shit against Sherman. Remember that bro? Sherman just happens to vocalize more because he's a Stanford graduate who majored in Communications. So it's safe to say he's probably smarter than a lot of us on this forum, even the engineers in some cases. He uses that to his advantage. In addition, he used this brilliance to make an example of Skip Bayless which I hope everyone can appreciate, regardless your allegiance. Fuck Skip Bayless.

Don't let one or a few asshole out of 67,000 fans (some 9ers) put a name on me, my friends, my family or genuine Seahawks fans who care about their team and the sport. I did notice you said, "...when you pull something like that." But still. You cannot categorize an entire fan base over a single act of stupidity. I absolutely agree that this was a distasteful taunt. Best to Bowman. I mean that. With the amount of times Fox replayed that injury I think everyone feels bad for him. I'm sure you read Sherman's thoughts on this fans antics?? If not - Google.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Weaksauce, Sherman apologized. Respect lost.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
HAHA! That's the PR talking. He's not sorry....

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Weaksauce, Sherman apologized. Respect lost.

Public apologies are stupid. Don't apologize for stupid shit, if you were sorry you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

Sherman is stupid, too. Going to Stanford doesn't make someone smart. Just means they can study and memorize. Intelligence goes far beyond attending a school.