GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Newb to FPS, what you recommend for offline play?

xatnys360

Ready to race!
You will get a new bow - and a couple of different optics and arrow types to choose from.

The horse is gone, but I was content to trade Shadowmere and Arvak for a wingsuit and parachute - it's crazy-fun to base-jump off the side of a huge mountain and speed down towards your next objective just a few feet off the ground. :headbang:

You won't be able to "live in" FC3 as much as Skyrim - time spent on Rook Island is more of a journey in exploration and discovery, whereas Skyrim becomes a mode of life. It's still an incredibly compelling gaming experience.

I can't believe how far video games have come since banging out a few levels of Mario on a NES... :eyebulge:

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Ride
06 A3 sport
You will get a new bow - and a couple of different optics and arrow types to choose from.

The horse is gone, but I was content to trade Shadowmere and Arvak for a wingsuit and parachute - it's crazy-fun to base-jump off the side of a huge mountain and speed down towards your next objective just a few feet off the ground. :headbang:

You won't be able to "live in" FC3 as much as Skyrim - time spent on Rook Island is more of a journey in exploration and discovery, whereas Skyrim becomes a mode of life. It's still an incredibly compelling gaming experience.

I can't believe how far video games have come since banging out a few levels of Mario on a NES... :eyebulge:
Thanks again man! I'll try to remember to let you know what I think. But I am stoked to grab this tonight when I leave work.
As for the nes...how about atari 2600 or colecovision? I've spent several fortunes over the years on games. I've about had them all. It certainly has come a long way,and to me, skyrim is one of the most perfect examples of this. As a long time rpg fan it sure as hell provides more depth than phantasy star or early ff:smile: It's mostly my two sons that play now but I still steal some time here and there.

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Ride
SEAT Ibiza FR
Dumbass me ordered Duke Nukem Forever while trying to figure out if a discount code still worked...

It didn't, I ended up paying $15 for Duke Nukem Forever when I could have bought it for 4 bucks locally:clap: Toys'r'Us said they can't do shit to cancel the order because being stupid it's not a good enough reason (they din't actually used those words).

On the bright side, Battlefield 3 is free now on the PSN, I'm going to download it as soon as I get home, also GT6 Demo/Academy 2013

xatnys360

Ready to race!
Duke Nukem Forever - a truly unfortunate game. :barf:

BF3 is indeed free on PS+ (this week only?) - a few of my buddies downloaded it last night and we fired it up. This should provide a much needed fresh infusion of new blood to Battlefield 3 - it had gotten to the point that nearly everyone who played were colonels, but I saw a LOT of new, low-rank players last night.

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Ride
06 A3 sport
Duke Nukem Forever - a truly unfortunate game. :barf:

BF3 is indeed free on PS+ (this week only?) - a few of my buddies downloaded it last night and we fired it up. This should provide a much needed fresh infusion of new blood to Battlefield 3 - it had gotten to the point that nearly everyone who played were colonels, but I saw a LOT of new, low-rank players last night.
And now I don't have to go searching the kids rooms for one of the two bf3 disks when I want to play.

Duke should have stayed in the 90's

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Ride
06 A3 sport
Far cry3 is pretty f'ing rad btw. Picked it up along with blood dragon last week and have been playing since.

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Ride
SEAT Ibiza FR
I kind of liked the DNF demo, I know it's not up to par with modern games, but either am I :iono: I still play the original Half-Life and Doom 3 from time to time.

On a better note, I also took advantage of the super Sale on xbox live and got Crysis and the Orange Box for $5 each. Only had time to play a bit of Half-Life 2 so far, have been really engaged with Tomb Raider and BF3 :eyebulge:

BTW. GT6 is effing awesome, but everyone on the leaderboards put me to shame.. best I can do is hover around the top 10,000 lol