GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New tuned car

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
I have tuned my car today and wonder how much I need to drive before I can feel the tune ?
Because now I can't feel any difference.
Tuned via Powergate 2 (Alientech)

Regards

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
there's always a small window where your ECU will adapt to the new tune and smooth out a bit, but you should be able to feel a difference immediately. you should be boosting a lot higher right off the bat. Do you have a boost gauge or VCDS?

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
there's always a small window where your ECU will adapt to the new tune and smooth out a bit, but you should be able to feel a difference immediately. you should be boosting a lot higher right off the bat. Do you have a boost gauge or VCDS?

Hi,
I have VCDS.
I got answer from the tuning person that it can take up to 100km to drive after I feel the new tune.

Last edited:
i noticed GIAC immediately

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive checked in few forum and few persons with same tuning, They said that some engine ecu can take time to calibrate to tuning parameters when driving.

"Does it usually take a certain amount of time for your ECU to learn the new map/flash?"

"Short answer is yes, any time the ecu is reset there is a couple of parameters it needs to relearn."

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
If I reset the powergate 2 after Ive turned the car to original can I tune the car again from beginning with the same tuning file ?

nakti

Passed Driver's Ed
I noticed apr tune and zero traction right away.

This is not APR ive tuned the car from swedish tuner but they will check the tune and give me more information tomorrow.

But can you answer this please:
"If I reset the powergate 2 after Ive turned the car to original can I tune the car again from beginning with the same tuning file ? "